A Traffic Impact Assessment will be completed to address traffic impacts from construction vehicles and workers during the construction phase of the project, and traffic and parking demand when the youth justice centre is operational
- Access roads: A new road will be constructed to provide access to the centre from Little River Road. This will provide access for all staff, clients and visitors.
- Public transport: Options are being explored for transport methods to and from the Werribee Train Station to the new youth justice centre.
- Construction traffic: During construction there will be a mix of vehicles accessing the site, including delivery trucks and builders’ vehicles. The successful tenderer will provide parking for construction vehicles.
- Staff: Traffic generated by staff will generally occur during shift changes. There will also be some staff vehicle movements at other times.
- Visitors: Most personal visitors to the facility will be on weekends
- Deliveries: Deliveries to the site will generally occur throughout the day. A functional entry road and parking layout that accommodates the unloading/loading of delivery vehicles and waste management vehicles without obstructing other vehicular movements will be provided.
- Youth justice centre transfers: Youth justice centre transport vehicles will move young people between youth justice centres and to/from court/other appointments.
- Emergency vehicles: Attention will be given to providing appropriate access for emergency vehicles when required.