Yarra River - Bulleen Precinct Land Use Framework Plan
The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning has prepared an updated (2020) consultation draft of the Yarra River - Bulleen Precinct Land Use Framework Plan to guide future land use in the precinct.
The plan brings to life a vision for a healthy river and environment, a thriving arts and cultural scene and connected people and places. It aligns with the 50-year Community Vision for the Yarra River established as part of the Yarra Strategic Plan, while providing a more detailed framework for future land use and development through this iconic part of the river’s suburban reach.
While the 2020 consultation draft is largely the same as the 2019 draft, important updates have been made to reflect the impacts and status of the North East Link, amended plans for the Yarra Valley Country Club site and the findings of the Bulleen-Banyule Flats Cultural Values Study undertaken by the Traditional Owners for the study area - the Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung people.
Consistent with the 2019 draft, the 2020 consultation draft recommends:
- a continuous open space connection on the eastern (Manningham) side of the river
- new pedestrian and cycling links, better connection to the river and improved north-south access
- new pedestrian and cycling bridges across the river with stronger physical connections to the Heidelberg activity centre
- an expanded cultural precinct - building on the Heide Museum of Modern Art - and places for new cultural facilities
- delivery of new open space, recreation and conservation areas, ecological connections and revegetation
- investigation of road network and access improvements, including the widening of Templestowe Road.
View the plan
2020 Consultation Draft Framework Plan
Previously Exhibited Draft Framework Plan (2019)
Note: During the May-June 2019 exhibition period, the Draft Framework plan (2019) was also exhibited with the above background documents.
More information and submissions
For information on the draft Framework Plan or associated planning scheme amendment, please contact:
Planning Implementation, DELWP
Phone: (03) 8683 0920
For information on the Advisory Committee and Public Hearing Process, please contact:
Amy Selvaraj, Planning Panels Victoria
Phone: (03) 8624 5714