The Western Partnership is one of six Metropolitan Partnerships established by the Victorian Government, recognising that local communities are in the best position to understand the challenges and opportunities faced by their region.
We started our conversation with you at our first assembly in Sunshine in October 2017. Your input helped shape our advice to Government.
Our 2017 advice identified the following priority outcomes:
- Jobs and Skills: A more diverse and sustainable offering of local jobs and opportunities
- Transport: Improve connectivity and access to employment, education, services and recreational activities
- Reduce Entrenched Disadvantage: Improve targeted health and education interventions for children and disadvantaged groups
- Connected Communities: Embrace cultural, social and economic diversity
- A Greener Region: Increase the greening of the west to create more liveable suburbs
- Waste and Recycling Centre of Excellence: Well planned suburbs and improved waste management
To inform our next round of advice to Government, we would like to continue this conversation about what you think is important in the Western region.
Do you live or work in the West? We want to hear from you so we can make sure the West is a liveable and sustainable place for communities to thrive.
There are three different ways you can share your thoughts:
- Register to attend the 2018 Assembly
- Participate in the Assembly online from your home or community network
- Provide feedback below
* Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you get to the assembly.
Western Metro Partnership Assembly
Encore Events Centre, Hoppers Crossing
6.00pm, 18 July 2018
If you can’t make it to the assembly, you can participate in the 2018 Western Assembly online via livestream and online discussion boards. To do this you will need to have an internet connection and be online between 6.00pm and 8.30pm.
Register your interest for the 2018 Assembly and provide feedback below.
Help shape the future of the West
Those of you who live and work in the Western Region know the opportunities and challenges facing your community better than anyone. By sharing the issues and priorities important to you, you can help shape the future of your region.
The purpose of this page is to let you know what the Western Metropolitan Partnership is up to in their annual cycle of work, and inform you of the next steps and how you can get involved.
The Western Metropolitan Partnership is an advisory group established by the Victorian Government. The Partnership is a way for local communities to engage directly with state and local governments, and advise the Victorian Government of the top priorities for jobs, services and infrastructure across the region.
The government has asked the Partnership to provide independent advice on key priorities to deliver better outcomes for the community. This advice will be become part of the government’s key decision-making processes.
The 2017 Western Assembly
On 4 October 2017, 177 community members, business representatives, councillors and mayors came together to help determine the key priorities for the Western Metro Region. The outcomes of the Assembly have been used by the Western Partnership to inform advice to government on priorities for Melbourne's Western Region.
The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) is committed to protecting personal information provided by you in accordance with the principles of the Victorian privacy laws.
The information you provide will only be added to a list of people who would like to attend the assembly. The information you provide will not be used for anything else.
You may access the information you have provided to DELWP by contacting Customer Service on 136 186.