The Western Partnership is one of six Metropolitan Partnerships established by the Victorian Government, recognising that local communities are in the best position to understand the challenges and opportunities faced by their region.
Our 2017 advice identified the following priority outcomes:
- Jobs and Skills: A more diverse and sustainable offering of local jobs and opportunities
- Transport: Improve connectivity and access to employment, education, services and recreational activities
- Reduce Entrenched Disadvantage: Improve targeted health and education interventions for children and disadvantaged groups
- Connected Communities: Embrace cultural, social and economic diversity
- A Greener Region: Increase the greening of the west to create more liveable suburbs
- Waste and Recycling Centre of Excellence: Well planned suburbs and improved waste management
What we've heard in 2018
At our second annual Assembly on 18 July 2018 at Encore Events Centre, Hoppers Crossing we heard directly from the community about how to further progress priorities for the region. Watch the video below to see the 2018 Assembly in action or read the Western Metropolitan Partnership 2018 Assembly Summary Report.
The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) is committed to protecting personal information provided by you in accordance with the principles of the Victorian privacy laws.
You may access the information you have provided to DELWP by contacting Customer Service on 136 186.