A joint Inquiry and Advisory Committee (IAC) has been appointed to consider the Environment Effects Statement (EES), a draft planning scheme amendment affecting Hobsons Bay, Maribyrnong, Melbourne, Port of Melbourne, Brimbank and Wyndham planning schemes, works approval application and public submissions associated with the West Gate Tunnel Project in accordance with the approved Terms of Reference.
The IAC will consider the West Gate Tunnel Project that includes the following:
- upgrade and widening of the existing West Gate Freeway by two lanes in each direction between Williamstown Road and M80 interchange generally to provide overall capacity of six through lanes each way and auxiliary lanes as required, widening of the Princes Freeway between the M80 and Kororoit Creek Road, collector-distributor carriageways, elevated ramps, structures and surface road connections including new ramp connections to and from Hyde Street;
- two bored tunnels catering for three traffic lanes in each direction under Yarraville which include a road tunnel ventilation system, tunnel portals and ventilation structures;
- bridges across the Maribyrnong River connecting the tunnels with twin viaducts above Footscray Road and connections to the Port of Melbourne, CityLink, Dynon Road and extension of Wurundjeri Way to Dynon Road and widening to Flinders Street;
- improvements, extensions and upgrades to the existing pedestrian and bicycle network, as well as the creation of new public open space areas and relocation of services.
You may inspect the EES, draft planning scheme amendment and works approval application and any related documents free of charge on the West Gate Tunnel Project webpage.
Submissions can be made from 29 May until 5.00pm on 10 July 2017. In order to lodge a submission, please complete the online submission form below.
The public is invited to attend the Directions Hearing, which will be held:
19 July 2017, 10:00am
Footscray Community Arts Centre
45 Moreland Street
The purpose of the Directions Hearing is to:
- consider any preliminary or procedural issues and give directions about the conduct of the Hearing including the exchange of any expert witness reports
- make arrangements for the Hearing, including the Timetable and Hearing venue
- answer any questions people may have about the Hearing.
You should attend the Directions Hearing if
- you are unfamiliar with the process and wish to participate in the Public Hearing process
- you have questions about the process or wish to raise any procedural issues.
Expert Witness Statements
Western Distributor Authority
Day 3 - Wednesday 16 August 2017
For questions about the Inquiry and Advisory Committee process (including questions about submissions), please contact:
For questions about the West Gate Tunnel Project and the EES documentation, please contact:
For questions about the EES process, please contact:
For questions about the works approval application process, please contact:
More detail about the West Gate Tunnel Project is available at westgatetunnelproject.vic.gov.au
If you require an Interpreter please call TIS (Telephone Interpreting Service) on 131450 and ask to connect to West Gate Tunnel Project on 1300 280 939.