Overview

The Essential Services Commission regulates the pricing of water services for consumers within Victoria.

In 2020, we will approve the maximum prices and service levels for Goulburn-Murray Water for four years until 30 June 2024. We are required to assess Goulburn-Murray Water’s proposals against a legal framework established by the Commonwealth Government. We will seek feedback from customers and stakeholders of Goulburn-Murray Water at each stage of the price review process to inform our decision making.

How does this affect you?

This review is relevant for all Goulburn-Murray Water customers. It sets service levels and an upper limit on prices that go into the water bill for the next four years from 1 July 2020.

What are we looking at?

Goulburn-Murray Water proposes pricing arrangements. We must approve its proposals if we are satisfied the prices comply with relevant state and commonwealth rules. 95 per cent of Goulburn-Murray Water’s submission must comply with the Water Charge (Infrastructure) Rules for part 6 operators and the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission’s pricing principles. The remaining 5 per cent must comply with state-based Water Infrastructure Regulatory Order.

Have your say

Goulburn-Murray Water summarised its proposals in its presentation to the commission (PDF, 1.42MB). You can also read its full submission (PDF, 3.82MB). Read more information about how we regulate water prices.

1. Which of Goulburn-Murray Water’s proposals is most relevant to you?

2. Does the submission by Goulburn-Murray Water accurately reflect the themes and outcomes explored through its engagement?

You can have your say on this page by:

  • providing us with some general comments about Goulburn-Murray Water's proposal
  • responding to these questions directly in the form on this page
  • uploading a formal submission document.

Answer our questions

What do you think?

You have 255 characters left.

You will receive confirmation of your submission


Refer to the privacy statement on this page

Privacy statement

As part of making a submission, we need you to provide personal information, such as your name, email address, town of residence and postcode. We will use this information to send you updates about this review.

It is our policy to publish all submissions to reviews on the Essential Services Commission website. This process may involve publishing your personal information (your name, not your address). You can request anonymity by selecting the relevant tickbox.

We may also collect personal information when you email us with a query. Aside from any exceptions in relevant privacy legislation, we will not use or disclose the information you provide for any purpose other than to progress and respond to your query.

You have the right to access personal information we hold about you. We may ask you to pay a small fee for this. You can also request that we correct your personal information in our records at no charge.

Requesting anonymity

You can request anonymity by selecting the relevant tickbox on this page. Depending on the circumstances, requesting anonymity may affect the weight we can give to your submission. Information that influences our decisions generally needs to be disclosed so stakeholders can understand the reasons for our findings.

Read more information about our submissions policy.

Upload a submission

Upload a submission

You have 255 characters left.

You will receive a confirmation of your submission

Refer to the privacy statement to this page

Privacy statement

As part of making a submission, we need you to provide personal information, such as your name, email address, town of residence and postcode. We will use this information to send you updates about this review.

It is our policy to publish all submissions to reviews on the Essential Services Commission website. This process may involve publishing your personal information (your name, not your address). You can request anonymity by selecting the relevant tickbox.

We may also collect personal information when you email us with a query. Aside from any exceptions in relevant privacy legislation, we will not use or disclose the information you provide for any purpose other than to progress and respond to your query.

You have the right to access personal information we hold about you. We may ask you to pay a small fee for this. You can also request that we correct your personal information in our records at no charge.

Requesting anonymity

You can request anonymity by selecting the relevant tickbox on this page. Depending on the circumstances, requesting anonymity may affect the weight we can give to your submission. Information that influences our decisions generally needs to be disclosed so stakeholders can understand the reasons for our findings.

Read more information about our submissions policy.