Beetham Parade Pty Ltd, seeks to change the planning provisions on surplus land created by the Rosanna Station level crossing removal project, and get a permit for the use and development of the land for a seven storey commercial and residential development.
The Minister for Planning has referred Amendment C160bany to the Banyule Planning Scheme and planning permit application P384/2021 to the independent Victorian Transport Projects Integrated Development Opportunities Standing Advisory Committee (Advisory Committee) for consideration of and recommendations on the suitability of the proposed planning scheme changes and planning permit application.
What does the proposed planning scheme amendment and permit application do?
The proposed planning scheme amendment seeks to:
- Rezone the site from Public Use Zone 4 (Transport) (PUZ4) to Commercial 1 Zone (C1Z).
The proposed permit application seeks:
- A two-lot subdivision to create the new lot
- Development of the land for a 7-storey commercial and residential building, plus basement parking
- Reduction in car parking requirements
- Removal of two trees.
Copies of the proposed planning scheme amendment and permit application documents are available in the Background Documents section on this webpage.
The Committee will convene a Directions Hearing at 10.00am on Wednesday 14 July 2021.
Details about the conduct of the Directions Hearing will be published here once determined.
The Committee will convene a Public Hearing from the week commencing 16 August 2021, for two to three weeks as required.
The Hearing is open to all submitters to speak to their written submission, and for interested members of the public to observe. The Committee will consider all submissions, irrespective of whether a submitter requests to be heard.
A Hearing timetable will be published here following the Directions Hearing.
The Terms of Reference require the Committee to submit its report no later than 20 business days from the completion of the hearing.
Have your say
Submissions are invited from 24 May to 2 July 2021 and can be made by completing the form below. If you wish to be heard at the hearing, you must make a submission during the exhibition period and select the option that you wish to be heard. The Committee will consider all written submissions, regardless of whether you request to be heard at the hearing.
To make a submission, you must read the Privacy Collection Statement below.
This Privacy Collection Statement relates to all submissions, documents and recordings collected in relation to the Victorian Transport Projects Integrated Development Opportunities Standing Advisory Committee. Planning Panels Victoria (PPV) is providing administrative services to the Advisory Committee.
Use of your submission
Your submission has been collected by the Advisory Committee for the purpose of helping to develop its advice to the Minister for Planning in accordance with the Terms of Reference.
Natural justice to participants and transparency are important parts of the Advisory Committee process. In meeting its legislative requirements and complying with the Terms of Reference, the Advisory Committee may do the following with your submission:
- Publish a copy of your submission, in its entirety, with sensitive information redacted, on the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website, Engage Victoria website or other Victorian Government website as required
- Provide a copy of your submission to the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning, Local Councils, Beetham Parade Pty Ltd (Proponent), Government Agencies and other parties (submitters) to the process as prescribed by the Terms of Reference
- Provide a copy of your personal contact details to the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning if needed for notification of Ministerial decisions
- Display a copy of your submission in the Planning Panels Victoria Office
- Display a copy of your submission at relevant Local Council, Local Library or Government Offices as appropriate
- If a face to face Public Hearing is to be held, display a copy of your submission in the Hearing room.
Publication of your personal information on the Internet
The Advisory Committee Report will be published on the internet and may include:
- The name of the submitter
- Direct quotes from some of the submission
- The submitter’s name and address as required.
Hearing of submissions
If a Hearing is required it may be held face to face, via telephone conference or via video link or a combination of these. You should be aware the Advisory Committee may:
- broadcast submissions and proceedings live on the internet
- record submissions and proceedings
- make the recording available on request to submitters and parties to the Hearing and third parties
- publish the recording on the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website, Engage Victoria website or other Victorian Government website
- use your phone contact details to contact you during a telephone/video hearing as is necessary.
The Advisory Committee will direct that parties do not record online hearings or use them for any other purpose. However, the Advisory Committee is unable to guarantee that third parties will not be recording online Hearings, and the use of any such recordings outside the hearing context cannot be regulated by the Advisory Committee.
All participants are reminded that during the Advisory Committee process the privacy of others should be respected.
After the Advisory Committee has reported
Planning Panels Victoria will generally remove your submission from the web pages that it controls within six months after the Advisory Committee has reported to the Minister for Planning. Planning Panels Victoria may extend this period on request of a submitter or party to the Advisory Committee process.
Planning Panels Victoria cannot guarantee that your submission and other Hearing documents and recordings will be removed from external web pages outside its control. Planning Panels Victoria does not provide any explicit or implied consent in this Statement for third parties to display on their or other websites or reproduce for public display, submissions, documents and recordings and other information collected in accordance with this notice.
Your original submission and any additional material provided to the Advisory Committee will be held in electronic and/or physical form at Planning Panels Victoria and retained in accordance with Government standards for archiving. All additional copies of the submission and other material held by Planning Panels Victoria will be securely destroyed.
If you have any concerns in respect to the way your personal information or submission will be used please contact Planning Panels Victoria on (03) 8392 5114.