About the VPS Pride Awards
The Victorian Public Sector (VPS) Pride Awards honour and recognise contributions to LGBTIQ inclusion from across the sector. Awards are open to all Victorian Public Sector agencies and staff members.
Nominations for the 2020 VPS Pride Awards will close on 31 October 2020. All nominated activities must have occurred between the 2019 VPS Pride Awards closing date (18 October 2019) and the 2020 closing date.
The VPS Pride Awards have 8 award categories, 4 initiative awards and 3 individual awards. 5 of those are open categories (open for nominations) and 2 closed categories (winners will be selected from nominations in other categories).
Initiative award categories
- Workplace Pride Initiative of the Year
- Community Pride Initiative of the Year
- Regional Pride Initiative of the Year (closed category)
- Trans, Gender Diverse and Non-Binary Initiative of the Year (closed category)
- Intersex Initiative of the Year (closed category)
Individual Award Categories
- Pride Network of the Year
- Executive Champion of the Year
- Rainbow Cardigan Award
It is from the written nominations that the judging panel select the winners of the VPS Pride Awards.
The VPS Pride Awards are open to all public service bodies and public entities, as described by the , and employees of those bodies and entities. Nominations made for made by non-VPS staff and enteties will not be considered.