Parks Victoria is pleased to announce the following successful projects as part of Round 2 of the Volunteering Innovation Fund. Thank you to all who applied, and voted.
Successful applicants are:
- Biolinks Alliance, Spring Plains, Northern Victoria
- Blind Sports and Recreation Victoria, Dandenong, Lysterfield, Main Ridge and Red Hill
- Cairnlea Conservation Reserves Committee of Management, Cairnlea Conservation Reserve
- Connecting to Country Program, Dandenong
- Friends of Newlands Reserve and Edenhope Flora and Fauna Reserve Committee of Management, Boikerbert, Edenhope, Western Victoria
- Horseshoe Bend Community Garden Group, Maribyrnong Valley Parklands
- Merri Creek Management Committee, Merri Creek Park
- Southern Otway Landcare Network, Otways, Western Victoria
- Werribee Park Farm Community Hub, Werribee
- Westgate Biodiversity: Bili Nursery & Landcare, Westgate Park
- Victorian High Country Huts Association, Alpine, Howqua, Lake Eildon, Eastern Victoria
- Friends of Terrick Terrick National Park, Northern Victoria.
The Victorian Government has an exciting new opportunity to inspire ideas and fuel innovation by funding community-led projects that consider new ways of volunteering in and for the environment!
Parks and forests in Victoria are supported by many passionate volunteers. The Volunteering Innovation Fund is building on this incredible work and inviting everyone to enjoy Victoria’s Great Outdoors through volunteering.
The Volunteering Innovation Fund will award $2 million in funding over multiple rounds, with the final round closing in 2023.
Round 3 is now open for applications. Visit www.parks.vic.gov.au/vif to learn more and apply. There will be no public voting for Round 3 of the Volunteering Innovaiton Fund.
Vote for your favourite projects (closed)
Which 3 projects would you like to fund?
Ideas for improving projects
All submissions are public documents within the scope of the Freedom of Information Act 1982. Please do not include personally identifying information in the comments or ideas section of your submission. If you do not wish your submission to be published or to have content from your submission quoted in the Parks Victoria response to consultation, please contact us at VolunteeringFund@parks.vic.gov.au
Parks Victoria is committed to protecting personal information provided by you. Your personal information and the content of your submission will be dealt with in accordance with the Public Records Act 1973, the Freedom of Information Act 1982 and the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic).
The personal contact information you provide will be kept separate from any comments and ideas submitted and used to administer the public consultation process only. Your personal contact information will not be provided to any other organisation unless required by law. Your personal contact information may be used by Parks Victoria to update you on this project. You have the option to opt out at any time.
To access your data or opt-out, please email us at VolunteeringFund@parks.vic.gov.au