Update 29 October 2021: Victorian Energy Upgrades: Updates to refrigerated display cabinet activities
The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) has published the Victorian Energy Upgrades (VEU) Specifications 2018 Version 11.0.
Version 11.0 of the Specifications updates the Part 32 – Refrigerated Display Cabinet activity.
The VEU Specifications Version 11.0 can be downloaded here:
- Part 32 – activity name change from ‘Refrigerated display cabinet’ to ‘Refrigerated cabinet’.
- Part 32 – provides incentives for products registered to the Greenhouse and Energy Minimum Standards Refrigerated Cabinets Determination 2020.
- Part 32 – products registered to the Greenhouse and Energy Minimum Standards (Refrigerated Display. Cabinets) Determination 2012 will be eligible to create Victorian Energy Efficiency Certificates (VEECs) until 30 June 2022.
We would like to thank everyone who participated in the consultation process.
Refrigerated Display Cabinets - Response to Consultation - 27 September 2021
Following the Victorian Energy Upgrades (VEU) Refrigerated Display Cabinets (RDC) Consultation, the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (the department), has published the Refrigerated Display Cabinets - Response to Consultation outlining the department’s response to stakeholder feedback.
A total of 7 stakeholder submissions were received through the consultation. Stakeholders provided valuable feedback on proposed updates and the department thanks those who provided input.
The department has considered stakeholder feedback and has made several
decisions on the approach to updating the RDC activity. The response to
consultation outlines these decisions, which include:
- updating the current Part 32 - Refrigerated Display Cabinet activity so that all product classes in the Greenhouse and Energy Minimum Standards Refrigerated Cabinets Determination 2020 (GEMS 2020 Determination) can receive incentives under the VEU program, providing they meet technical Specifications.
- providing a transition time so that high efficiency RDCs registered to the GEMS 2012 Determination will be eligible for VEU program incentives until 30 June 2022.
- aligning VEU energy efficiency levels with those proposed for the NSW, Energy Savings Scheme (ESS) and European Commission regulations (EU MEPS 2023).
The department will revise the Specifications for the Part 32 - Refrigerated Display Cabinet activity based on this consultation. The department proposes to publish final Specifications by October 2021.
Refrigerated display cabinets are designed to store and display chilled and/or frozen food items and are typically used in retail stores such as supermarkets, petrol stations, liquor outlets and smaller food and beverage vendors. The Victorian Energy Upgrades (VEU) program provides incentives for installing or upgrading to energy efficient refrigerated display cabinets under the Part 32 Activity – Refrigerated display cabinet.
The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (the department) is looking to update the current refrigerated display cabinet activity to allow for the latest energy efficiency technology to be installed. Updates will enable refrigerated display cabinets registered to the Greenhouse and Energy Minimum Standards (Refrigerated Cabinets) Determination 2020 that meet the Specifications set by the department to receive VEU incentives.
- updating the activity name from ‘Refrigerated display cabinets’ to ‘Refrigerated cabinets’
- expanding the range of products that can be installed under the VEU activity
- introducing new formulae for calculating energy savings for refrigerated cabinet products
- providing a transition time so high efficiency products can use their Greenhouse and Energy Minimum Standards (Refrigerated display cabinets) Determination 2012 registrations to continue to receive current levels of VEU incentives.
The refrigerated display cabinets issues paper includes proposed updates, draft Specifications and consultation questions, included in the survey below. Feedback from your submissions will be used to guide the proposed updates.
Have your say
Please answer the consultation questions below on updates to the refrigerated display cabinet activity.
Submissions can also be emailed to email@example.com or sent as a hard copy submission to:
Energy Demand, Programs and Safety
Victorian Energy Upgrades Consultation 2019
PO Box 500, East Melbourne, VIC, 3002
If you make a submission by email or post, please indicate whether you would like your submission to be made public in full, public without your name or organisation name, or not made public.
The closing date for consultation submissions is 19 August 2021.
Privacy collection notice
The department is committed to protecting personal information provided by you in accordance with the principles of the Victorian privacy laws. The information you share with us in your responses will be used only for the purpose of this consultation. We will also share your submission with the Essential Services Commission, who regulate and administer the VEU program. Where you choose to provide personal information, the department may use it to provide you consolidated feedback on the submissions we receive or to seek clarification on your submission.
Information you provide may also be published as part of reporting back on the consultation, however the department will not disclose any information without your consent. All fields on this form relating to personal information are optional.
You may access the information you have provided to the department by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.