The Department of Premier and Cabinet (DPC) is inviting community organisations with significant reach into Victoria’s African communities to submit an Expression of Interest to deliver African community employment brokerage services through the Victorian Government’s Community Employment Brokers program.
What is the Community Employment Brokers Program?
The Community Employment Brokers program supports community organisations with significant reach into Victoria’s African communities to engage and host African community employment brokers for up to two years to provide tailored support to jobseekers of African heritage. Employment brokers and host community organisations will be provided with tailored training and support.
Community organisations will be supported to cover costs associated with recruiting and hosting community employment brokers.
The objective of the program is to:
- support African Australian job seekers to gain and retain employment, contributing to increased social and economic inclusion and assisting Victorian businesses to meet their skills and labour need.
It will achieve this by:
- supporting community organisations to engage community employment brokers to support job seekers of African heritage into long-term employment
- connecting African Australian job seekers in Victoria with existing job networks
- contributing to a more coordinated and streamlined suite of employment-related services for jobseekers.
Now Seeking Expressions of Interest
DPC is now seeking Expressions of Interest from African-led community organisations who are ready, willing and able to host African community employment brokers. Community organisations will be supported to cover costs associated with recruiting and hosting community employment brokers.
If your organisation has:
- significant reach into, and demonstrated experience working with Victoria's African communities
- is ready and willing to recruit, host and support a community employment broker for a total period of 2 years
- is willing to work closely with the Victorian Government to build your organisation's capacity to host an employment broker
We want to hear from you!
Expressions of Interest can be made by completing the online form below.
Submit your Expression of Interest by 7 February 2020.
For more information, or help with your application, contact the VACAP Team. Email: VACAP@dpc.vic.gov.au
What we are looking for
We are looking for community organisations who:
- are committed to supporting positive employment outcomes for Victoria's African communities
- have significant reach into Victoria's African communities
- have the capacity to recruit, host and support the community employment brokers
- have a willingness to work in partnership with the Victorian Government
- have the capacity to connect the community employment broker with key stakeholders such as community members in need with job networks and other community partners and organisations
- have a willingness to support the community employment brokers in their professional development
- have the ability and willingness to participate in the development of capacity building programs with the employment capacity building organisation.
Submit your Expression of Interest
Privacy collection notice
DPC is committed to protecting your privacy.
The information you share with us will be confidential, and it will not be published, ensuring that your anonymity is preserved. Such information will be held by DPC and only used for the purpose of this grant.