Thank you for your contributions. This consultation is now closed.
On 12 November 2016, the Victorian Government announced it would establish an independent, legislated registration and accreditation scheme for Victoria’s disability workforce. The scheme will protect vulnerable people from harm and support the development and growth of a quality disability workforce, by ensuring workers who care for people with disability have the right skills, experience and qualifications.
This consultation paper has been developed to ensure the Victorian Government has a good understanding of community views on the potential features of a scheme, and the risks and benefits of each option.
Read the consultation paper
The consultation paper is available below in PDF and word accessible versions. There is also an audio version of the consultation paper in the side panel.
How to participate
You can participate by:
- providing a written response to the consultation paper, or completing the Easy English or Plain Language questionnaires - these can be uploaded below under 'Make a submission' or emailed to email@example.com
- attending a consultation session
- submitting your response via post
If you require assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 9097 7282.
Attend a consultation session
Consultation sessions are being held in the following locations:
- Melbourne - Wednesday 4 October 2017
- Shepparton - Monday 9 October 2017
- Traralgon - Tuesday 10 October 2017
- Geelong - Wednesday 11 October 2017
- Bendigo - Thursday 12 October 2017
Anyone interested is encouraged to attend these consultations, however we are particularly interested in hearing from the following groups:
- People with disability, carers, families and advocates
- Disability workers and their representatives
- Disability service provider organisations and their peak representative bodies
Email email@example.com or phone (03) 9097 7282 to RSVP.
You are invited to make a submission addressing the issues raised in the paper.
Submissions are voluntary and can remain anonymous if this is preferred. To ensure compliance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014, no third party information in identifiable form is to be provided in submissions.
Completed submissions can be posted to:
Attention: Disability Workforce, NDIS Branch
Department of Premier and Cabinet
GPO Box 4912
Melbourne, Vic 3001
Please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
Write or attach your submission and any supporting information below. Please refer to the consultation paper, Easy English or Plain Language question booklets when providing your response.