The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) is committed to protecting personal information provided by you, in accordance with Victorian privacy laws.
DELWP values your personal information and protects your privacy in compliance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014. (The Act)
DELWP is collecting the personal information in your submission to administer the public consultation process to review and reform the Victorian planning system.
The information provided in your submission will be collected by DELWP for the purpose of:
- developing advice about the review and reform of the Victorian planning system for the Minister for Planning
- informing Victoria Planning Provision changes arising from a review of the provisions
- preparing briefings for the Minister of Planning about this consultation process.
DELWP may do the following with your submission, after removing your personal information*:
- publish a copy of your redacted submission on the DELWP website, or other Victorian Government website for transparency and accountability. Victorian Government websites, are accessible worldwide and allow any person to view your submission
- quote directly from your submission in the review’s documentation
- make your submission available to other Victorian Government agencies.
* Personal information includes names, address, geographical location information, phone numbers or email addresses.
Privacy collection notice
Your submission may remain on external servers, even once DELWP has removed it from the Victorian Government website. All submissions are available to the public under the Freedom of Information Act 1982, unless you request confidential status.
If you are making comment as an organisation,
your comments may be published, including the name of your organisation.
If you are making comments as an individual,
the only information we will publish will include your comments. All identifying information will be removed from the submission before it’s published. If your submission includes “Sensitive Information” under the Act such as information about racial or ethical membership, political association, philosophical beliefs and/or trade union or professional association, it is understood that you consent for us to collect this data.
Confidential submissions will not be published.
You have the right to access and correct your personal information. Requests for access should be sent to:
Smart Planning Engagement and Communications Manager
and the Victorian Privacy and Data Collection Act 2014.