There are five documents that form the World Heritage Management Plan. These are:
- Attachment A: Heritage Management Plan (formerly Conservation Management Plan) (public consultation on this document closed in July 2020)
- Attachment B: Carlton Gardens Master Plan
- Attachment C: Royal Exhibition Building and Exhibition Reserve Master Plan
- Attachment D: World Heritage Strategy Plan (open for consultation July 16 2021)
- Attachment E: Traditional Owner Cultural Values Report (name is subject to change)
Throughout 2020 and 2021 these documents will be reviewed. You will be able to have your say as each document becomes available for review. Keep an eye on this page for updates and information on how to have your say.
For more detailed information about the site and review process, please read the Discussion Paper.
To read the existing World Heritage Management Plan and its component documents, please visit the Heritage Victoria website.
World Heritage Strategy Plan submission period closed
The Executive Director, Heritage Victoria has prepared a draft Strategy Plan for the World Heritage Environs Area.
The draft Strategy Plan was publicly available to view and respond to between 16 July - 24 September 2021.
The Strategy Plan sets out strategies for the appropriate use of the World Heritage Environs Area, which acts as a 'buffer zone' to protect the World Heritage values of the REB&CG. The World Heritage Environs Area also protects views and vistas to the site.
Draft Planning Scheme amendments for the City of Melbourne and City of Yarra were also open to view and respond to. These draft Planning Scheme amendments give effect to the recommendations in the draft Strategy Plan.
- The Heritage Council will now consider all submissions in relation to the draft Strategy Plan
- The Heritage Council may decide to hold a hearing in relation to the draft Strategy Plan, but is not required to do so
- If a hearing is to be held, information regarding that hearing will be made available on this website and on the Heritage Council's website: https://heritagecouncil.vic.gov.au/registrations-reviews/royal-exhibition-building/
- To receive updates about any hearing please subscribe to this page
If you need further information about the next steps please contact the Heritage Council Secretariat on (03) 8508 1656 or by email at email@example.com
If you need any further information about the draft Strategy Plan please contact Heritage Victoria on (03) 7022 6390 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) is committed to protecting personal information provided by you in accordance with the principles of the Victorian privacy laws. The information you provide will be made available to, and used by DELWP (Heritage Victoria), the City of Melbourne, Museums Victoria, and any contractors formally appointed by DELWP, the City of Melbourne and/or Museums Victoria, to inform the review of the World Heritage Management Plan of the Royal Exhibition Building and Carlton Gardens. The information you anonymously provide may be made publicly available when the draft World Heritage Management Plan is advertised. The information you anonymously provide may be archived by DELWP and referred to in the future in accordance with the Public Records Act 1973. Should you wish to provide contact details, these will be kept by DELWP and only used by DELWP, the City of Melbourne, Museums Victoria and any other contractors formally appointed to inform you of updates about the project. Your contact details may be used by DELWP or its contracted service providers under confidentiality agreements to survey you about your experience with DELWP. You may access the information you have provided to DELWP by contacting Heritage Victoria at email@example.com or by calling 7022 6390.