The Northern Partnership is one of six Metropolitan Partnerships established by the Victorian Government, recognising that local communities are in the best position to understand the challenges and opportunities faced by their region.
The Partnership's 2017 advice to government identified the following priority outcomes:
Economy and Transport: A connected local economy with more jobs and improved connectivity
- Support priority metropolitan activity centres and major activity centres
- Plan and deliver a Food and Beverage Industry precinct
- Planning for the Beveridge Inter-modal Freight Terminal
- Support the expansion of business incubators
- Support the removal of level crossings in Glenroy, Campbellfield, Coburg, Reservoir, Preston, Alphington and Ivanhoe.
- Advocate for the delivery of a Smart Cities Deal for Melbourne's North
Education Pathways: Improve learning and employment pathways for residents
- Establishment of Melbourne's North Food Group to enable reskilling for jobs in the sector
- Identify and implement best practice pathways to employment to link young people with jobs in the region
- Help expand the homework club programs in school and other facilities to strengthen community engagement and support school completion.
Environment: Improve connection to the natural environment through recreational trails for walking and cycling
- Fund the construction of priority trails identified in the Northern Regional Trails Strategy 2016.
Connected Young People: Empower young people in the region
- Establish a youth congress for the region, led by young people.
Health and Well-being: Increase access to affordable and culturally sensitive services
- Develop a Health and Wellbeing Hub in Craigieburn.
- Investigate gaps in youth mental health services in the outer north.
- Provide culturally appropriate health services for Aboriginal people consistent with the principle of self-determination.
What we've heard in 2018
At our second annual Assembly at the Hume Global Learning Centre in Craigieburn on Wednesday 15 August 2018, we heard directly from the community about how to further progress priorities for the region. Watch some of the action below and read the Northern Metropolitan Partnership 2018 Assembly Summary Report.
The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) is committed to protecting personal information provided by you in accordance with the principles of the Victorian privacy laws.
You may access the information you have provided to DELWP by contacting Customer Service on 136 186.