The Committee has released an updated Hearing Timetable (version 2). The Timetable can be found under the 'Public Hearing' heading below or is available here.
The North East Link Project responses to the Inquiry and Advisory Committee (Part A written submissions, responses to the Inquiry and Advisory Committee’s Request for Information, response to issues raised in Submissions and Technical notes 1 to 29) are now available under the 'Tabled Documents' tab below (Tabled document numbers 34 to 63). The excel spreadsheet in response to Request 7 of the Request for Information is now also available (Tabled Document 34d).
The appendices referred to in Appendix A2 of Lars Babendererde Expert Witness Report prepared for Banyule, Boroondara and Whitehorse City Councils have been submitted to the Inquiry and Advisory Committee and are now available under the 'Tabled Documents' tab below (Tabled document numbers 28ha to 28hf).
A joint Inquiry and Advisory Committee (IAC) is being appointed to consider the Environment Effects Statement (EES), Works Approval Application, draft planning scheme amendments affecting the Banyule, Boroondara, Manningham, Nillumbik, Whitehorse, Whittlesea and Yarra planning schemes and public submissions in accordance with the Terms of Reference approved by the Minister for Planning.
North East Link provides a new freeway standard connection between the M80 Ring Road and an upgraded Eastern Freeway, completing the missing link in Melbourne’s metropolitan ring road. It will give the city a fully completed orbital connection for the first time. The project includes Victoria’s longest twin road tunnel, Melbourne’s first dedicated high-speed busway, new public open space and extensive walking and cycling links.
The project includes:
- M80 Ring Road to Lower Plenty Road: From the M80 and Greensborough Bypass to the northern tunnel portal, this section will include above, below and at surface road sections, with new road interchanges at M80, Grimshaw Street and Lower Plenty Road.
- Tunnels: From the northern tunnel portal located just north of Lower Plenty Road to south of Manningham Road, twin tunnels would travel under residential areas, Banyule Flats and the Yarra River. Near each tunnel portal supporting tunnel infrastructure would be required, including ventilation structures and substations. This section would include a new interchange at Manningham Road.
- Bridge Street to Eastern Freeway: This section would include open cut and bored or mined tunnel with the southern tunnel portal located south of the Veneto Club. Further south, surface road and viaduct structures would connect to the Eastern Freeway via a new interchange.
- Eastern Freeway upgrades: From around Hoddle Street in the west to Springvale Road in the east, modifications to the Eastern Freeway would include widening to accommodate future traffic volumes, provision of new dedicated bus lanes for rapid bus services and associated works.
North East Link Project (NELP) is managing the Project on behalf of the Victorian Government.
View the Project
You may inspect the EES, draft planning scheme amendment and works approval application and any related documents free of charge on the North East Link Project webpage.
Exhibition and submissions
Submissions were invited between 10 April and 5.00pm on 7 June 2019. For all enquiries about the submissions, please email: email@example.com
A Directions Hearing was held on 21 June 2019, 10:00am at the Veneto Club, 191 Bulleen Road, Bulleen.
The purpose of the Directions Hearing is to:
- consider any preliminary or procedural issues and give directions about the conduct of the Hearing including the exchange of any expert witness reports
- make arrangements for the Hearing, including the Timetable and Hearing venue
- answer any questions people may have about the Hearing.
A recording of the Directions Hearing is now available on YouTube.
Expert Witness Reports (evidence) from North East Link and any party proposing to have a witness were required to provide them to the Inquiry and Advisory Committee and all parties on the Expert Evidence Distribution list by 4.00pm Monday 15 July 2019.
The Expert Witness Reports (evidence) that have been submitted to the Inquiry and Advisory Committee are now available under the 'Tabled Documents' tab below (Tabled document numbers 24 to 33).
Any individual who provides a submission also has the opportunity to be heard at the Public Hearing following the submissions process. The Public Hearing is open to the public to observe.
The Public Hearing commences on Thursday 25 July 2019 at The Veneto Club, 191 Bulleen Road, Bulleen.
The hearing timetable outlines the dates and times parties are to appear at the hearing. The Timetable is subject to change and may be updated regularly.
Submissions and material presented through the Committee process are public documents. These documents can be viewed on the Tabled Documents page.
For questions about the Inquiry and Advisory Committee process (including questions about submissions), please contact:
|Name||Planning Panels Victoria|
For questions about the EES process, please contact:
|Name||Impact Assessment Unit, DELWP|
|Phone||(03) 8392 5503|
For questions about the Works Approval Application, please call:
|Phone||1300 372 842|
More detail about the North East Link Project is available at: northeastlink.vic.gov.au
If you require an Interpreter please call TIS (Telephone Interpreting Service) on 131 450 and ask to connect to North East Link Project on 1800 105 105.