Museum in my Neighbourhood is an initiative to collect and exhibit how individuals and neighbourhoods across metropolitan Melbourne are adapting to life with the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
As the impacts of this pandemic have changed our daily lives, examples of kindness, resilience and adaptation have emerged. Despite the challenges, new relationships, habits and traditions have been created, often led by local community groups, businesses or innovative individuals.
We’re calling on you to help build a digital snapshot of daily life in our local neighbourhoods. What have recent impacts meant for you and your neighbourhood, and how have you responded?
Tell us your story
In your own words or format, describe what the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has meant for you and your neighbourhood:
- How your own daily life has been altered (such as family life, work, leisure, social routines, exercise or changed routines) and what changes have you initiated at home or in your neighbourhood?
- What new connections or traditions have formed in your neighbourhood, or in the groups or services that have been useful to you?
- How have your neighbours, community groups or local businesses adapted to challenges or made changes to the way they operate – who are your local heroes?
- Tell us about the challenges, hardships and things that you miss about life before the pandemic, or the silver linings and new opportunities that may have emerged?
- Share any other stories, insights or creative responses about your own experiences or your local neighbourhood?
Collection and privacy statement
Thank you for contributing to the Museum in my Neighbourhood project. We may be in contact to discuss collecting and displaying your images, stories, objects or experiences. With your permission, these may be added to or shared through other initiatives or digital displays hosted by the Victorian Government. We may also ask you to help us explore your story further.
We want to make this a friendly space for everyone, so please be respectful of other members of this community and their stories. We will moderate content for abusive, disrespectful or inappropriate language. Please notify us if you see something that you feel doesn’t meet these standards.
The Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions may collect personal information provided by you (first name, age, postcode and email) through this form for the purpose of contacting you for permission to use your submission. We will not disclose your personal information without your consent, except where required to do so by law.
If you do not wish to provide your personal information we will not be able to include your submission in the other displays, contact you to make a correction or to get further information about your story. You may contact us to request access to your personal information, or for other concerns regarding the privacy of your personal information at email@example.com.
Any personal information collected, held, managed, used, disclosed or transferred will be held in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 and other applicable laws.