The Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road Upgrade is part of the South Eastern Roads Upgrade which will improve six main roads in Melbourne’s south eastern suburbs.
As part of the Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- add an extra lane in each direction between Thompsons Road and the South Gippsland Highway
- install traffic lights to replace the roundabouts at Thompsons Road and Berwick-Cranbourne Road
- install new traffic lights at the South Gippsland Highway intersection, Majestic Boulevard and Lyall Street
- install new traffic lights at the pedestrian crossing south of Hunt Club Boulevard
- upgrade intersections at Kingdom Drive, Linsell Boulevard and Rochester Parade
- build new shared walking and cycling paths
- install safety barriers along the road.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- reduce growing traffic pressure on the South Gippsland Highway
- improve access around Cranbourne town centre
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
We expect to award a contract in mid-2020 with construction to start on the South Eastern Roads Upgrade from late 2020. We’ll know more about the exact timing of the Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road Upgrade later this year.
In September and October 2018, we shared our proposed design of the Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road Upgrade.
Public consultation was promoted through a range of engagement activities including letter box drops, newspaper advertisements, social media advertisements, letters, emails, a community pop up event and engagement with local councils.
We received over 150 pieces of feedback about the Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road Upgrade. We then provided this feedback to the project team who used it to refine the proposed design.
Throughout 2019 and 2020 we’ve doorknocked local residents and businesses, distributed project updates, sent emails and attended local community events to continue raising awareness of the upgrade.
Visit the MRPV website to subscribe and receive the latest project updates.