The Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road Upgrade is part of the South Eastern Roads Upgrade which will improve six main roads in Melbourne’s south eastern suburbs.
As part of the Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- add an extra lane in each direction between Princes Freeway and Manks Road
- install new roundabouts at Ballarto Road and Hall Road, as well as south of Deep Creek
- install new traffic lights at Greenhills Road
- widen the existing Princes Freeway ramp roundabouts
- build a new bridge over Deep Creek near the water recycling plant
- build a new shared walking and cycling path
- add safety barriers along the road.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- provide an upgraded alternative north-south route in the Pakenham South area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
We expect to award a contract in mid-2020 with construction to start on the South Eastern Roads Upgrade from late 2020. We’ll know more about the exact timing of the Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Upgrade later this year.
In September and October 2018, we shared our proposed design of the Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road Upgrade.
Public consultation was promoted through a range of engagement activities including letter box drops, newspaper advertisements, social media advertisements, letters, emails, a community pop up event and engagement with local councils.
We received over 180 pieces of feedback about the Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road Upgrade. We then provided this feedback to the project team who used it to refine the proposed design.
Throughout 2019 and 2020 we’ve door knocked local residents, distributed project updates, emails and attended local community events to continue raising awareness of the upgrade.
Visit the MRPV website to subscribe and receive the latest project updates.