As part of the Hallam North and Heatherton Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- add an extra lane in each direction between Heatherton Road and James Cook Drive
- add two through lanes and two right turn lanes in each direction at the Heatherton Road intersection
- install traffic lights at Thomas Mitchell Drive
- build new shared walking and cycling paths
- install safety barriers along the road.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and ease congestion at the Heatherton Road intersection
- make it easier for you to get to the freeway network
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
In September and October 2018, we shared our proposed design of the Hallam North and Heatherton Road Upgrade.
Public consultation was promoted through a range of engagement activities including letter box drops, newspaper advertisements, social media advertisements, letters, emails, a community pop up event and engagement with local councils.
We received over 170 pieces of feedback about the Hallam North and Heatherton Road Upgrade. We then provided this feedback to the project team who used it to refine the proposed design.
Throughout 2019 and 2020 we’ve door knocked local residents, distributed project updates, sent emails and attended local community events to continue raising awareness of the upgrade.
Visit the MRPV website to subscribe and receive the latest project updates.