The Golf Links Road Upgrade is part of the South Eastern Roads Upgrade which will improve six main roads in Melbourne’s south eastern suburbs.
As part of the Golf Links Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- improve the road surface
- improve the six-way roundabout at Golf Links, Grant, Warrandyte and Baxter-Tooradin Road
- upgrade existing intersections at McClelland Drive and Peninsula Link off-ramp
- install traffic lights at the Baxter-Tooradin Road pedestrian crossing near the school
- add safety barriers along sections of the road.
This upgrade will:
- make it easier and safer for you to get to Peninsula Link, Somerville, Hastings and the Western Port Highway
- make it easier and safer for trucks to get to Grant Road and the Somerville commercial precinct
- lower the risk and severity of crashes with safety barriers.
We expect to award a contract in mid-2020 with construction to start on the South Eastern Roads Upgrade from late 2020. We’ll know more about the exact timing of the Golf Links Road Upgrade later this year.
In September and October 2018, we shared our proposed design of the Golf Links Road Upgrade.
Public consultation was promoted through a range of engagement activities including letter box drops, newspaper advertisements, social media advertisements, letters, emails, a community pop up event and engagement with local councils.
We received over 140 pieces of feedback about the Golf Links Road Upgrade. We then provided this feedback to the project team who used it to refine the proposed design.
Throughout 2019 and 2020 we’ve doorknocked local residents, distributed project updates, emails and attended local community events to continue raising awareness of the upgrade.
Visit the MRPV website to subscribe and receive the latest project updates.