On Craigieburn Road between the Hume Highway and Mickleham Road we’ll:
- add extra lanes in each direction
- replace the roundabouts with traffic lights at Mickleham Road, Waterview Boulevard and Hardy Avenue
- install new traffic lights at Balyang Way, Dorchester Street and Cimberwood Drive
- upgrade the intersections at Vantage Boulevard, Aitken Boulevard, Lygon Drive, Bridgewater Road and Hanson Road
- upgrade the pedestrian crossing traffic lights near Benston Street
- install a new pedestrian crossing with traffic lights near the Craigieburn Sports Stadium and D.S. Aitken Reserve
- install bus priority lanes
- build walking and cycling paths
- install safety barriers along sections of the road.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- provide better access to the Hume Highway and northern activity centres
- improve bus service reliability along Craigieburn Road
- support better connections for the community and businesses in Craigieburn
- improve access to Craigieburn train station
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
In September and October 2018, we shared our proposed design of the Craigieburn Road Upgrade.
Public consultation was promoted through a range of engagement activities including letter box drops, newspaper advertisements, social media advertisements, letters, emails, a community pop up event and engagement with local councils.
We received over 400 pieces of feedback about the Craigieburn Road Upgrade. We then provided this feedback to the project team who used it to refine the proposed design.
Throughout 2019 and 2020 we’ve door knocked local residents, distributed project updates, emails and attended local community events to continue raising awareness of the upgrade.
Visit the MRPV website to subscribe to the latest project updates.