As part of the Craigieburn Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- add an extra lane in each direction between Mickleham Road and the Hume Highway
- install traffic lights to replace the roundabouts at Mickleham Road, Waterview Boulevard and Hardy Street
- build new walking and cycling paths
- install new traffic lights at Balyang Way, Dorchester Street and Cimberwood Drive
- upgrade the intersections at Vantage Boulevard, Aitken Boulevard, Lygon Drive, Bridgewater Road and Hanson Road
- install a new pedestrian crossing with traffic lights near Craigieburn Sports Stadium
- upgrade the pedestrian crossing at Craigieburn Plaza
- install bus priority lanes where space permits
- install safety barriers both along and in the middle of the road.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- provide better access to the Hume Highway and northern activity centres
- improve bus service reliability along Craigieburn Road
- support better connections for the community and businesses in Craigieburn
- improve access to Craigieburn train station
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
In September and October 2018, we shared our proposed design of the Craigieburn Road Upgrade.
Public consultation was promoted through a range of engagement activities including letter box drops, newspaper advertisements, social media advertisements, letters, emails, a community pop up event and engagement with local councils.
We received over 400 pieces of feedback about the Craigieburn Road Upgrade. We then provided this feedback to the project team who used it to refine the proposed design.
Throughout 2019 and 2020 we’ve door knocked local residents, distributed project updates, emails and attended local community events to continue raising awareness of the upgrade.
Visit the to subscribe and receive the latest project updates.