As part of the Bridge Inn Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- add an extra lane in each direction
- install traffic lights at Cookes Road and Garden Road
- build a bridge over Plenty River and upgrade the existing bridge
- install safety barriers along the road
- upgrade the intersections at Schotters Road, Vantage Point Boulevard and Painted Hills Road
- install traffic lights near Ivanhoe Grammar School, including a pedestrian crossing to improve access to local schools
- build a new shared walking and cycling path.
The Bridge Inn Road Upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- provide better access to the new Mernda train station
- enhance connectivity to residential developments and employment opportunities in the north
- provide easier access to the proposed Mernda town centre
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes with safety barriers.
In September and October 2018, we shared our proposed design of the Bridge Inn Road Upgrade.
Public consultation was promoted through a range of engagement activities including letter box drops, newspaper advertisements, social media advertisements, letters, emails, a community pop up event and engagement with local councils.
We received over 270 pieces of feedback about the Bridge Inn Road Upgrade. We then provided this feedback to the project team who used it to refine the proposed design.
The consultation led to the following design changes, we’ll now:
- install traffic lights to provide safer pedestrian crossings to community facilities and local schools
- continue walking and cycling path across the Plenty River bridge towards Mernda Station.
Throughout 2019 and 2020 we’ve door knocked local residents, distributed project updates, emails and attended local community events to continue raising awareness of the upgrade.
Visit the MRPV website to subscribe and receive the latest project updates.