The consultation has now closed. Thank you for your contributions. A project update will be provided in the coming months. Sign up for project updates on the Major Road Projects Victoria website.
you up to date with our progress as we upgrade the Monash Freeway, and
making sure you’re prepared for any works that may affect you, is one of our
We want your feedback on how we’ve been communicating with you in the last six months so we can make sure we’re getting you the information you need, when and how you want to get it.
We've added 30kms of extra traffic lanes to the Monash Freeway as part of Stage 1. We've widened the freeway from:
- four to five lanes in each direction, between EastLink interchange and South Gippsland Freeway
- two to three lanes in each direction, between South Gippsland Freeway and Clyde Road in Berwick.
We started work on Stage 1 of the Monash Freeway Upgrade in September 2016 and we completed it in June 2018.
We commenced construction for Stage 2 in early 2020 and expect to complete construction in 2022.
For Stage 2, we'll:
- add 36kms of new lanes on the Monash and Princes Freeways, between:
- Warrigal Road and EastLink outbound
- EastLink to Springvale Road inbound
- Clyde Road to Cardinia Road, in both directions.
- connect Police Road to the freeway with an outbound entry ramp
- connect the Jacksons Road outbound entry ramp directly to EastLink with a separate road
- install smart, on-road technology across the project, including extending the lane-use management system from the South Gippsland Freeway to Beaconsfield interchange
- upgrade O’Shea Road to three lanes in each direction between Clyde Road and Soldiers Road
- extend O’Shea Road to join the Beaconsfield interchange – we’ll also upgrade the interchange by adding an inbound freeway exit ramp and an outbound freeway entry ramp
- build a shared walking and cycling path along O’Shea Road between Clyde Road, Berwick and the Princes Highway, Beaconsfield.
For more information visit the Monash Freeway Upgrade project page on the Major Road Projects Victoria website.
Privacy Collection Notice
Thank you for completing the survey.
Major Road Projects Victoria (MRPV) collects your personal information through this form for the purposes of obtaining your feedback on the delivery and construction of the Monash Freeway Upgrade project (Project).
Your personal information may be provided to other projects and agencies including the Major Transport Infrastructure Authority (MTIA) and the Department of Transport. Your personal information may also be provided to MRPV’s construction contractors in order to assist with carrying out the Project. Information that is shared with construction partners is done so on a secure basis and subject to strict confidentiality and privacy obligations. Use of the information by MRPV’s construction contractors is also restricted to the purpose for which it was provided.
You are not required to provide any personal information in order to complete the feedback survey. Providing personal information is optional. Where you choose to provide personal information, MRPV may use it to provide you consolidated feedback on the submissions we receive, seek clarification on your submission or follow up with you where you have indicated you wish to be involved or updated on future MRPV work. If you choose to provide personal information, we ask that you do not include this information anywhere other than the designated fields on this form.
If you choose to make your submission online, we may be able to identify you. If you prefer to remain anonymous, you can post your submission to MRPV at GPO Box 4509 Melbourne VIC 3001 via the attached form. Please label submissions ‘Monash Freeway Upgrade Project Survey’.
MRPV will not disclose your personal information without your consent, except to the extent outlined above or where required to do so by law. You may contact MRPV to request access to any personal information you have provided to us by emailing email@example.com.