Village Park Consortium in conjunction with Major Projects Victoria has requested that the Minister for Planning, as the Planning Authority, prepare an amendment to the Melbourne Planning Scheme.
Planning Scheme Amendment Melbourne C281 applies to the Games Village Project, Parkville, which is generally bound by Oak Street to the east, Park Street to the north, the Citylink Freeway to the west and Royal Park to the south.
The Amendment proposes to amend the schedules to clauses 52.03 and 81.01 to insert an Incorporated Document titled ‘The Games Village Project, Parkville, September 2015’ into the Melbourne Planning Scheme.
Specifically, the amendment facilitates an alternate urban design concept for the remaining stages of the Freeway Apartments Precinct (Stages 9-12) including an increase in habitable storeys for Stages 9 to 11. Such an outcome would otherwise be prohibited under the current planning scheme controls which apply to the site.
Lester Townsend (Chair) and Suzanne Barker have been appointed as the Panel under sections 153 and 155 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
The role of the Panel is to:
- give submitters an opportunity to be heard in an independent forum in an informal, non-judicial manner
- give independent advice to the Planning Authority and the Minister about the proposed Amendment.
The period for making a submission closed on 5 May 2017.
The Minister for Planning has referred the submissions received to a Panel under Section 23 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
The Directions Hearing will be held:
10am, Thursday 29 June
Hearing Room 1, Planning Panels Victoria
1 Spring Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
The Public Hearing will be held in the week commencing 17 July 2017.
You may inspect the amendment, any documents that support the amendment and the explanatory report about the amendment, free of charge, at the following locations:
- at the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning, Planning Documents on Exhibition webpage.
- during office hours, at the office of the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning, 8 Nicholson Street, East Melbourne (by appointment only, please call 8392 5505).
- during office hours, at the office of the City of Melbourne, Council House 2, Level 3, 240 Little Collins Street, Melbourne.
For questions about Amendment Melbourne C281, contact Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) as below:
|Name||Matthew Sacco of the DELWP|
|Phone||03 8392 5505|
For questions in relation the submission and public hearing process, please contact Planning Panels Victoria as below:
|Name||Emily To of Planning Panels Victoria|
|Phone||03 8392 5120|