The consultation has now closed. Thank you for your contributions. A project update will be provided in the coming months. Sign up for project updates on the Major Road Projects Victoria website.
One of our top priorities is to keep you up to date with our progress as we upgrade the M80 Ring Road. We want to make sure that you're prepared for any works that may affect you.
We'd like your feedback on how we’ve been communicating with you over the past six months. This is so we can make sure that we’re providing you with the information that you need, when you need it and in the way you'd like to receive it.
We’re upgrading the M80 Ring Road between Sydney Road and Edgars Road. Major construction started in early 2020 and is scheduled for completion in early 2023.
The M80 Ring Road is one of Melbourne’s busiest and largest freeways, spanning 38 kilometres between Laverton North and Greensborough.
We’re delivering the M80 Upgrade in stages to minimise disruption to motorists and residents.
What we’re doing:
- adding new lanes in each direction between Sydney Road and Edgars Road
- installing a smart freeway lane management system to better manage traffic flow
- extending the Sydney Road on and off ramps to give drivers more time to merge
- building new on and off ramps at Edgars Road to improve safety
- improving access from the Hume Freeway to the M80 Ring Road and Edgars Road
- installing ramp-metering technology to manage the flow of traffic onto the freeway
- upgrading the cycling and pedestrian bridge.
The M80 Upgrade will:
- provide more reliable journeys for more than 165,000 motorists each day
- improve travel times
- improve safety by minimising merging
- provide better access to other freeways, interstate links, local and arterial roads and the future North East Link
- improve traffic flow
- reduce congestion during peak hours
- enhance freight efficiency for over 22,000 trucks each day
- provide better access to employment hubs.
Privacy Collection Notice
Thank you for completing the survey.
Major Road Projects Victoria (MRPV) collects your personal information through this form for the purposes of obtaining your feedback on the delivery and construction of the M80 Upgrade project (Project).
Your personal information may be provided to other projects and agencies including the Major Transport Infrastructure Authority (MTIA) and the Department of Transport. Your personal information may also be provided to MRPV’s construction contractors in order to assist with carrying out the Project. Information that is shared with construction partners is done so on a secure basis and subject to strict confidentiality and privacy obligations. Use of the information by MRPV’s construction contractors is also restricted to the purpose for which it was provided.
You are not required to provide any personal information in order to complete the feedback survey. Providing personal information is optional. Where you choose to provide personal information, MRPV may use it to provide you consolidated feedback on the submissions we receive, seek clarification on your submission or follow up with you where you have indicated you wish to be involved or updated on future MRPV work. If you choose to provide personal information, we ask that you do not include this information anywhere other than the designated fields on this form.
If you choose to make your submission online, we may be able to identify you. If you prefer to remain anonymous, you can post your submission to MRPV at GPO Box 4509 Melbourne VIC 3001 via the attached form. Please label submissions ‘M80 Upgrade Project Survey’.
MRPV will not disclose your personal information without your consent, except to the extent outlined above or where required to do so by law. You may contact MRPV to request access to any personal information you have provided to us by emailing email@example.com.