CLOSED: This survey has concluded.
Works are about to ramp up as we get on with the job of removing the level crossing at Werribee Street, Werribee and building a rail bridge.
Major construction will begin in the coming months and we’re looking for community members to form a Stakeholder Liaison Group (SLG).
The Werribee Stakeholder Liaison Group (SLG) is an opportunity for community members and groups to provide local perspectives and insights throughout the construction phases of the Cherry Street and Werribee Street Level Crossing Removal Projects in Werribee.
The SLG provides local perspectives and insights throughout the construction phase of the project.
While it has no formal decision-making power, the purpose of the SLG is to ensure that local communities have a voice on issues that may impact them during construction.
The SLG will assist the project team by providing:
- a local perspective, particularly in relation to minimising construction impacts on the community
- information to the community about the project and its construction
- local knowledge to discussions about the construction program.
The SLG will consist of community members who represent the views and interests of residents, business owners and community.
Who can nominate?
To nominate for the Werribee Street SLG, you must be at least two of the following:
- Involved in the wider community
- Endorsed by a local organisation (if representing one)
- An active member of the community, with strong networks and linkages
- Able to constructively participate in an advisory capacity
- Able to represent a broad range of views that reflect the diversity of the community
- Knowledgeable about the community’s social, environmental and economic influences
- Aware of and sensitive to the local issues relevant to the project
- Willing to contribute positively to meetings in a fair and unbiased manner
- Able to look beyond personal interests for the benefit of the community
- Able and willing to encourage participation from and provide unbiased feedback to the community about the project
- Able to commit to the SLG for the time required
If you are interested in nominating to be part of the Werribee Street SLG, please complete the form below.
Nominations close 5pm Friday 19 June 2020.
Werribee Street SLG nomination form
On behalf of the Victorian Government, the Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP) is removing 75 dangerous and congested level crossings across Melbourne by 2025.
LXRP collects your personal information through this form for the purposes of considering applications for participation in the Werribee Stakeholder Liaison Group (SLG). Your personal information will only be used by LXRP for the purpose of making appointments to the SLG, and only shared with the relevant Minister or any others who might participate in the SLG appointment process.
LXRP will not disclose your personal information without your consent, except to the extent outlined above or where required to do so by law. If you wish to complete the form anonymously, we will consider what you have raised elsewhere in the form but will not be able to consider you for participation in the SLG. We also may not be able to identify your submission if you wish to access it. You may contact LXRP to request access or correction to any personal information you have provided to us by emailing LXRP-FOI@levelcrossings.vic.gov.au.