CLOSED: This form has now concluded.
The Victorian Government has fast-tracked the removal of two of Melbourne’s worst level crossings. The Union Road and Mont Albert level crossings will be removed with a rail trench and a new premium station will be built.
We are putting together a Community Reference Group (CRG) for Surrey Hills and Mont Albert to gather feedback and workshop ideas to further inform the project’s design and development.
The workshops will bring together local residents, business owners, public transport users and others with a strong connection to the local area to work collaboratively with our urban design and engineering teams.
The CRG will:
- provide local perspectives and insights
- provide input into negotiable aspects of the project design
- ensure that local communities are informed about issues that may impact them during construction.
The CRG will consist of community members who represent the views and interests of residents, business owners and community organisations.
As part of the CRG, members must attend two workshops in early 2021. Additional meetings beyond early 2021 will be determined by the project and communicated to all members.
Who can apply?
To apply for the Surrey Hills and Mont Albert CRG, you must be at least two of the following.
- involved in the wider community
- endorsed by a local organisation (if representing one)
- an active member of the community, with strong networks
- able to represent a broad range of views that reflect the diversity of the community
- knowledgeable about the community’s social, environmental and economic influences
- aware of and sensitive to the local issues relevant to the project.
You must also be willing and able to:
- contribute positively to meetings in a fair and unbiased manner
- look beyond personal interests for the benefit of the community
- encourage participation from and provide unbiased feedback to the community about the project
- constructively participate in an advisory capacity
- commit to the CRG for the time required.
As part of the Code of Conduct, you must agree to:
- notify LXRP of any actual or potential conflict of interest that may arise in relation to the project during your participation in the CRG
- allow LXRP to publicly promote your participation in the CRG in order to facilitate and encourage community feedback
- not disseminate confidential information discussed at the CRG meetings as advised by the Chair or Co-Chair, such as issues of a sensitive commercial or conceptual nature
- not make any media comment in relation to the project on behalf of the CRG, unless you receive prior approval by the Chair or Co-Chair in consultation with LXRP’s Director of Strategic Communications
To apply to be part of the Surrey Hills and Mont Albert CRG, complete the form below.
Applications close 5pm Sunday 24 January.
On behalf of the Victorian Government, the Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP) is removing 75 dangerous and congested level crossings across Melbourne by 2025.
LXRP collects your personal information through this form for the purposes of considering applications for participation in the Surrey Hills and Mont Albert Community Reference Groups (CRG). Your personal information will only be used by LXRP for the purpose of making appointments to the CRG, and only shared with others who might participate in the CRG appointment process.
LXRP will not disclose your personal information without your consent, except to the extent outlined above or where required to do so by law. If you wish to complete the form anonymously, we will consider what you have raised but will not be able to contact you to further discuss your submission or to follow up on concerns. We also may not be able to identify your submission if you wish to access it. You may contact LXRP to request access or correction to any personal information you have provided to us by emailing LXRP-FOI@levelcrossings.vic.gov.au.