CLOSED: This survey has concluded.
The Level Crossing Removal Project is getting on with the job of removing the level crossings at Maroondah Highway, Lilydale and Manchester Road, Mooroolbark.
A Stakeholder Liaison Group (SLG) will be formed for each project (a group for Lilydale and a group for Mooroolbark) to provide community feedback and insights to the project team. Expressions of Interest are invited from local members of these communities who wish to be involved.
Members will act as a conduit between the project and the community by sharing reliable information with their networks and assisting to raise awareness of the project in the community. The groups will meet approximately once every eight weeks on a weekday evening.
Criteria for membership
Nominations to join the SLGs are invited from people living or working in close proximity to the project area. The SLG will aim to draw upon a diversity of local voices, such as residents, business owners, community group representatives and local sporting teams.
All SLG members must be able to:
- Objectively present the views of the community or organisation they represent, regardless of personal views
- Provide information relevant to their community interest or area they represent
- Act as a two-way channel for communication between the community interest they represent and the SLG
- Be willing to pass on relevant information regardless of their personal views
- Listen and work cooperatively with others who may hold opposing views
- Commit time to attend evening meetings approximately every eight weeks.
SLG members will be selected by a panel comprising the independent SLG Chair and representatives of the Level Crossing Removal Project. If you would like to get involved, please complete the nomination form in the link below.
If you would like further information about the SLGs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions close 5pm Monday 28 October 2019.