CLOSED: This survey has concluded.
During construction of the project, we need local perspective and insight to help minimise the construction impacts on local communities. Nominations were invited from members of the Rosanna and Heidelberg community who feel passionate about their local area and wanted to be involved in the new Stakeholder Liaison Group (SLG) for the Rosanna to Heidelberg track duplication and the Lower Plenty Road level crossing removal.
The Level Crossing Removal Authority would like to thank all those who lodged an application to represent their community on the SLG.
Stakeholder Liaison Group role
Whilst it has no formal decision-making power, the purpose of the SLG is to ensure that local community members have a voice on issues that affect them throughout construction of the Hurstbridge Rail Line Upgrade in Rosanna and Heidelberg.
The SLG assist the project team by:
- providing a local perspective, particularly in relation to minimising construction impacts on local communities
- bring local knowledge and networks to encourage discussions with interested and affected residents, businesses, interest and industry groups.
Criteria for membership
Nominations to join the SLG were invited from people who represent different interests and perspectives in the community. A panel made up of representatives from the local MPs office and the Level Crossing Removal Authority selected the successful candidates.
All SLG members need to be:
- able to provide information relevant to their community interest, or area they represent
- able to act as a conduit between this interest or area and the SLG. Members must have good local networks, be willing to have contact details published in the local community, and be willing to pass on all relevant information, whatever your personal view may be
- able to listen to, and work co-operatively with, others who may hold differing or opposing views
- able to commit the time to attend meetings (at intervals of approximately eight weeks, at a time of day to be determined by the group).
In addition to the above criteria, which carried equal weight in the assessment of nominations, we chose the best mix of members to achieve the greatest diversity.