CLOSED. This survey has concluded.
We’re removing the dangerous and congested level crossing at Hallam Road, Hallam, and building a brand new Hallam Station.
In response to community feedback in 2019, we’ve updated the station design to include a second entrance on the eastern side of Hallam Road.
This second entrance will allow people who walk, cycle or catch the bus to the station to safely enter from either side of Hallam Road, without needing to cross at the pedestrian lights. It also caters for current and future needs by providing space for Hallam Road to be duplicated in future.
The new station will feature:
- covered waiting areas
- bathroom facilities
- a bike cage and bike hoops
- upgrades to the existing car park
- improved lighting and CCTV.
View the designs below.
We’ve designed the new Hallam Station as a feature for the area. White architectural screening will help people see the station as a landmark from afar, and when up close, commuters can enjoy clear sightlines and accessibility. Perforations in the screening will allow people to see into the platforms and throughout the station, to improve safety.
Now we need your help to determine the rest of the colour scheme, keeping in mind the look and feel of the area. At ground level, parts of the structure and elements like seating will be painted to stand out.
Before you complete this survey, please note:
- All items in this survey are indicative examples only.
- We follow the Urban Design Guidelines which consider the extensive list of state and local strategic plans and policies as well as surrounding major projects.
- Although we will try to incorporate what we can from your feedback, items in this survey are not certainties.
This survey closes 5pm Sunday 9 August 2020.