We’re getting on with the job of removing the level crossing at Hallam Road, Hallam, by lifting the rail line above the road and building a brand new Hallam Station.
Major construction will begin later this year and we’re looking for community members to join a Construction Liaison Group (CLG).
The CLG will meet every 8 to 12 weeks during the construction phase of the project and:
- provide local perspectives and insights, particularly in relation to minimising construction impacts on the community
- ensure that local communities are informed about issues that may impact them during construction.
The CLG will consist of community members who represent the views and interests of residents, business owners and community organisations.
Who can apply?
To apply for the Hallam Road CLG, you must be at least two of the following:
- Involved in the wider community
- Endorsed by a local organisation (if representing one)
- An active member of the community, with strong networks
- Able to represent a broad range of views that reflect the diversity of the community
- Knowledgeable about the community’s social, environmental and economic influences
- Aware of and sensitive to the local issues relevant to the project
Applicants must also be:
- Willing to contribute positively to meetings in a fair and unbiased manner
- Able to look beyond personal interests for the benefit of the community
- Able and willing to encourage participation from and provide unbiased feedback to the community about the project
- Able to constructively participate in an advisory capacity
- Able to commit to the CLG for the time required
To apply to be part of the Hallam Road CLG, please complete the form below.
Applications close 5pm Sunday 8 November 2020.
Privacy collection notice
On behalf of the Victorian Government, the Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP) is removing 75 dangerous and congested level crossings across Melbourne by 2025.
LXRP collects your personal information through this form for the purposes of considering applications for participation in the Hallam Road Construction Liaison Group (CLG). Your personal information will only be used by LXRP for the purpose of making appointments to the CLG, and only shared with the relevant Minister or any others who might participate in the CLG appointment process.
LXRP will not disclose your personal information without your consent, except to the extent outlined above or where required to do so by law. If you wish to complete the form anonymously, we will consider what you have raised elsewhere in the form but will not be able to consider you for participation in the CLG. We also may not be able to identify your submission if you wish to access it. You may contact LXRP to request access or correction to any personal information you have provided to us by emailing LXRP-FOI@levelcrossings.vic.gov.au.