CLOSED: This survey has concluded
The Level Crossing Removal Project is removing the dangerous and congested level crossing on Glenroy Road by lowering the rail line and building a new Glenroy Station. The crossing will be gone for good by end of 2022.
We are calling for nominations for the Stakeholder Liaison Group (SLG) to bring together local residents, business owners and other community members with strong connections to Glenroy.
SLG members will:
- provide local perspectives and insights
- ensure their represented local communities are informed about issues that may impact them during construction
- share project information with their networks.
The SLG will consist of community members who volunteer to represent the views and interests of residents, business owners and community organisations.
Who can apply?
To apply for the Glenroy SLG, you must be at least two of the following:
- involved in the wider community
- endorsed by a local organisation (if representing one)
- an active member of the community, with strong networks
- able to represent a broad range of views that reflect the diversity of the community
- aware of and sensitive to the local issues relevant to the project.
We encourage people to apply with culturally and linguistically diverse connections within the Glenroy community.
You must also be willing and able to:
- contribute positively to meetings in a fair and unbiased manner
- look beyond personal interests for the benefit of the community
- encourage participation from and provide unbiased feedback to the community about the project
- commit to the SLG for the time required.
As part of the Code of Conduct, you must agree to:
- notify LXRP of any actual or potential conflict of interest that may arise in relation to the project during your participation in the SLG
- allow LXRP to publicly promote your participation in the SLG in order to facilitate and encourage community feedback
- not disseminate confidential information discussed at the SLG meetings as advised by the Chair, such as issues of a sensitive commercial or conceptual nature
- not make any media comment in relation to the project on behalf of the SLG, unless you receive prior approval by the Chair in consultation with LXRP’s Director of Strategic Communications
To apply to be part of the Glenroy SLG, complete the form below.
Applications close 5pm Sunday 14 March.
On behalf of the Victorian Government, the Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP) is removing 75 dangerous and congested level crossings across Melbourne by 2025.
LXRP collects your personal information through this form for the purposes of considering applications for participation in the Glenroy Stakeholder Liaison Group (SLG). Your personal information will only be used by LXRP for the purpose of making appointments to the SLG, and only shared with others who might participate in the SLG appointment process.
LXRP will not disclose your personal information without your consent, except to the extent outlined above or where required to do so by law. If you wish to complete the form anonymously, we will consider what you have raised but will not be able to contact you to further discuss your submission or to follow up on concerns. We also may not be able to identify your submission if you wish to access it. You may contact LXRP to request access or correction to any personal information you have provided to us by emailing LXRP-FOI@levelcrossings.vic.gov.au.