We’re looking for community members to join the Glen Huntly Level Crossing Removal Project Stakeholder Liaison Group (SLG). The group will meet regularly during the construction phase of the project and will:
- provide local perspectives and insights, particularly in relation to minimising construction impacts on the community
- ensure that local communities are informed about issues that may impact them during construction.
The SLG will consist of community member volunteers who represent the views and interests of residents, business owners and community organisations.
Who can apply?
To apply for the Glen Huntly Level Crossing Removal SLG, you must be at least two of the following.
- Involved in the wider community
- Endorsed by a local organisation (if representing one)
- An active member of the community, with strong networks
- Able to represent a broad range of views that reflect the diversity of the community
- Knowledgeable about the community’s social, environmental and economic influences
- Aware of and sensitive to the local issues relevant to the project
Applicants must also be:
- willing to contribute positively to meetings in a fair and unbiased manner
- able to look beyond personal interests for the benefit of the community
- able and willing to encourage participation from and provide unbiased feedback to the community about the project
- able to constructively participate in an advisory capacity
- able to commit to the SLG for the time required
As part of the Code of Conduct, you must agree to:
- notify LXRP of any actual or potential conflict of interest that may arise in relation to the project during your participation in the SLG
- allow LXRP to publicly promote your participation in the SLG in order to facilitate and encourage community feedback
- not disseminate confidential information discussed at the SLG meetings as advised by the Chair or Co-Chair, such as issues of a sensitive commercial or conceptual nature
- not make any media comment in relation to the project on behalf of the SLG, unless you receive prior approval by the Chair or Co-Chair in consultation with LXRP’s Director of Strategic Communications
To apply to be part of the Glen Huntly Level Crossing Removal Project SLG, please complete the form below.
Nominations close 5pm Sunday 18 April 2021.
Privacy collection statement
On behalf of the Victorian Government, the Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP) is removing 75 dangerous and congested level crossings across Melbourne by 2025.
LXRP collects your personal information through this form for the purposes of considering applications for participation in the Glen Huntly Stakeholder Liaison Group (SLG). Your personal information will only be used by LXRP for the purpose of making appointments to the SLG, and only shared with others who might participate in the SLG appointment process.
LXRP will not disclose your personal information without your consent, except to the extent outlined above or where required to do so by law. If you wish to complete the form anonymously, we will consider what you have raised but will not be able to contact you to further discuss your submission or to follow up on concerns. We also may not be able to identify your submission if you wish to access it. You may contact LXRP to request access or correction to any personal information you have provided to us by emailing LXRP-FOI@levelcrossings.vic.gov.au.