Works are about to ramp up as we get on with the job or removing the level crossing at Ferguson Street, Williamstown with a new rail trench.
Major construction will begin in the coming months and we’re looking for community members to form a Stakeholder Liaison Group (SLG).
The SLG provides local perspectives and insights throughout the construction phase of the project.
The SLG will assist the project team by providing:
- A local perspective, particularly in relation to minimising construction impacts on the community
- Information to the community about the project and its construction
- Local knowledge to discussions about the construction program.
The SLG will consist of community members who represent the views and interests of residents, business owners and community organisations.
How to participate
To apply for the Ferguson Street SLG, you must be at least two of the following:
- involved in the wider community
- endorsed by a local organisation (if representing one)
- an active member of the community, with strong networks
- able to represent a broad range of views that reflect the diversity of the community
- knowledgeable about the community’s social, environmental and economic influences
- aware of and sensitive to the local issues relevant to the project.
You must also be willing and able to:
- contribute positively to meetings in a fair and unbiased manner
- look beyond personal interests for the benefit of the community
- encourage participation from and provide unbiased feedback to the community about the project
- constructively participate in an advisory capacity
- commit to the SLG for the time required.
As part of the Code of Conduct, you must agree to:
- circulate all project information provided by LXRP with relevant community networks
- promote all project consultation activities with relevant community networks
- notify LXRP of any actual or potential conflict of interest that may arise in relation to the project during your participation in the SLG
- allow LXRP to publicly promote your participation in the SLG in order to facilitate and encourage community feedback
- not disseminate confidential information discussed at the SLG meetings as advised by the chair or co-chair, such as issues of a sensitive commercial or conceptual nature
- not make any media comment in relation to the project on behalf of the SLG, unless you receive prior approval by the chair or co-chair in consultation with LXRP’s Director of Strategic Communications.
To apply to be part of the Ferguson Street SLG, please complete the application form below.
Applications close 5pm Friday 30 April 2021.
We will review each nomination to the SLG and will ensure the members chosen represent the Ferguson Street community – meaning culturally diverse communities, disabled representatives and senior and younger generations will all have a voice on the SLG.
Once the SLG members have been chosen, we will email you the outcome.
Thank you for taking the time to complete this application form. We will let you know the outcome of your application via email.
On behalf of the Victorian Government, the Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP) is removing 75 dangerous and congested level crossings across Melbourne by 2025.
LXRP collects your personal information through this form for the purposes of considering applications for participation in the Ferguson Street Stakeholder Liaison Group (SLG). Your personal information will only be used by LXRP for the purpose of making appointments to the SLG, and only shared with others who might participate in the SLG appointment process.
LXRP will not disclose your personal information without your consent, except to the extent outlined above or where required to do so by law. If you wish to complete the form anonymously, we will consider what you have raised but will not be able to contact you to further discuss your submission or to follow up on concerns. We also may not be able to identify your submission if you wish to access it. You may contact LXRP to request access or correction to any personal information you have provided to us by emailing LXRP-FOI@levelcrossings.vic.gov.au