Designed to accommodate the duplicated track, the new station will have two new station buildings and platforms, better shelter from wind and rain, and a vastly improved layout.
The new station will be located slightly further north, to avoid long walks from the car park, with two large, spacious forecourts so people can move safely and freely as they use the area.
The new Merinda Park Station will be completed by early 2023, together with works to duplicate the track between Cranbourne and Dandenong.
- Direct entrance on Endeavour Drive for the eastern platform
- Access to station and platforms via ramps, lifts or stairs
- Pedestrian walkway under the tracks to improve connections to local schools, parks and shops
- Drop-off and taxi zones on both sides of the station
- Secure bike cage
- 29 traditional bike hoops
- Solar panels on the roof of the new station
- Rainwater tanks beneath station
- Enclosed waiting area on one platform
- Roof canopies on both platforms
- Vending machines
How we're building your new Merinda Park Station
We’ll build the new station using a staged approach, designed to minimise disruptions. This will involve keeping the existing track and platform operational while we build the two new platforms and the second track. To get our works done safely, we’ll need to close the station at times.