We're removing the level crossing at Clyde Road, Berwick and building a road underpass. The Berwick bus interchange will also be upgraded, improving accessibility and enabling more services to run in the future.
Major works start later this year and we’re looking for community members to join a Stakeholder Liaison Group (SLG).
The SLG will provide local perspectives and insights throughout the construction phase of the project.
The purpose of the SLG is to ensure that local communities have a voice on issues that may impact them during construction.
The SLG will assist the project team by providing:
- a local perspective, particularly in relation to minimising construction impacts on the community
- information to the community about the project
- local knowledge.
The SLG will consist of community members who represent the views and interests of residents, business owners and community organisations.
Who can nominate?
To nominate for the Clyde Road SLG, you must be at least two of the following:
- Involved in the wider community
- Endorsed by a local organisation (if representing one)
- An active member of the community, with strong networks and linkages
- Able to constructively participate in an advisory capacity
- Able to represent a broad range of views that reflect the diversity of the community
- Knowledgeable about the community’s social, environmental and economic influences
- Aware of and sensitive to the local issues relevant to the project
- Willing to contribute positively to meetings in a fair and unbiased manner
- Able to look beyond personal interests for the benefit of the community
- Able and willing to encourage participation from and provide unbiased feedback to the community about the project
- Able to commit to the SLG for the time required
If you are interested in nominating to be part of the Clyde Road SLG, please complete the form below.
Nominations close 5pm Monday 24 August 2020.