Closed: This survey has concluded.
Nominations are invited from traders in the Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach area who feel passionate about their local area and wish to act as a trader representative in the Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach level crossing removal projects.
Local knowledge and insight are important as we head into the construction phase of the project, to help minimise impacts on local businesses and the community.
If you own or can represent a business or service as a trader located in the area and have an interest in how the project will affect you, we want to hear from you!
Trader Reference Group role
The purpose of the Trader Reference Group (TRG) is to ensure that local businesses can have input into managing impacts from the Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach level crossing removal project.
The TRG will assist the project team by:
- Acting as a conduit between the project team and the trader precincts along the project area.
- Providing local and business perspectives on the project, particularly in relation to minimising impacts to the precincts, impacts to deliveries to customers, businesses and clients, and access for customers and clients
- Providing input into the planning and implementation of the project, including identifying opportunities for effectively communicating with traders.
Criteria for membership
Nominations to join the TRG are invited from people who reflect a range of criteria, including the networks they represent and their ability to commit to meetings for approximately two years
TRG members should meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Represent a business or businesses in the area.
- Endorsed by local organisation.
- Strong community and trader networks and linkages.
- Demonstrated ability to constructively participate in an advisory capacity.
- Ability to represent a broad range of views that reflect the diversity of the types of businesses in the area.
- Strong understanding of the area, local community and precincts and their social, environmental and economic influences.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the local issues that are relevant to the project.
- Possess a willingness to contribute positively to meetings in a fair and unbiased manner and look beyond personal interests for the benefit of businesses and the community.
- Able to commit to the SLG for the time required.
An overall assessment will be made of the best mix of members to achieve the greatest diversity.
Nominations closed 5pm Monday 11 November 2019.