CLOSED: This survey has concluded.
Nominations are invited from members of the Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach communities who feel passionate about their local area and wish to be involved in the Stakeholder Liaison Group (SLG) for the Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach level crossing removal projects.
Local knowledge and insight is important as we head into the construction phase of the project, to help minimise impacts on local communities.
If you’re living, in the area and have an interest in how the project will affect you and your community, we want to hear from you!
The purpose of the SLG is to ensure that local community members can have input into managing impacts from the Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach level crossing removal project.
The SLG will assist the project team by:
- Acting as a conduit between the project team and the community.
- Providing local perspectives on the project, particularly in relation to minimising impacts on the community.
- Providing input into the planning and implementation of the project, including identifying opportunities for effectively communicating with the community.
Criteria for membership
Nominations to join the SLG are invited from people who reflect the range of interests in the local Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeach communities and are affected by the project.
SLG members should meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Involvement in the wider community.
- Endorsed by local organisation (if representing one).
- Strong community networks and linkages.
- Demonstrated ability to constructively participate in an advisory capacity.
- Ability to represent a broad range of views that reflect the diversity of the community.
- Strong understanding of the local community and its social, environmental and economic influences.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the local issues that are relevant to the project.
- Possess a willingness to contribute positively to meetings in a fair and unbiased manner and look beyond personal interests for the benefit of the community.
- Able to commit to the SLG for the time required.
- An overall assessment an overall assessment will be made of the best mix of members to achieve the greatest diversity.
Submissions close Monday 30 September 2019.