At the start of Term 2, the way schools worked changed. Students started learning online. This type of learning is called remote or flexible learning.
The way teachers, families and students did things changed. It was a difficult time for everyone. But we all did our best. We also learned some new ways of doing things.
Now, we want to know how to make things better in the future. We want you to tell us what worked and what did not work. We want to hear your story.
We are asking lots of people what they think. We will prepare an independent report. A summit (big meeting) will be held in July with students, school leaders and other groups. This will include all types of schools – government, independent and Catholic schools.
Tell us what you think so that we can help Victorian schools keep doing great work for students.
This survey is now closed. Thank you for sharing what you think with us.
is the email where you can ask more questions: email@example.com
What is this notice?
This notice is about how your information will be used for the Consultation (Lessons from Remote and Flexible Learning Consultation).
The Victorian Government wants to hear from:
- parents and carers
- other people in the community.
We want to hear stories about learning online during April – June 2020. They will help make Victoria’s schools better.
We can then talk about everything at the Summit (Lessons from Remote and Flexible Learning Summit).
The Department (Department of Education and Training) will also use this information to make things better for Victoria’s schools.
- You can choose which questions you want to answer.
- You don’t have to give us your name if you don’t want to.
We will handle any personal information you give us with care. We will follow these rules:
- the Privacy Data and Protection Act 2014 (Vic) (the PDP Act),
- the Health Records Act 2001 (Vic) (the HR Act) and
- the Public Records Act 1973 (Vic).
The School Improvement Strategy Team in the Department will also use this information.
How will my form be used?
- Your form will be used to prepare a report to help improve Victoria’s schools.
- Your group type and postcode will be published without your name.
- The story you will write in the form will be published without your name.
- We may also use your words in the report.
Will anyone else look at my form?
- The Department is working with a consultant called Learning First to look at everyone’s forms. The consultant will help write the report.
- The consultant will keep all the information safe and private.
- We will not give your name to the consultant unless you give consent.
- If you have given consent, we will give your name to the consultant.
- We will give the report to the Deputy Premier and the people at the Summit.
- We may also put it on the Department’s website.
- We will use the information on the forms for the report according to law.
- The Department may also use the information on the forms for research.
- We will keep the information on the forms in New South Wales and Victoria.
Why do you want my email address?
You can give us your email address if you want to receive updates from us.
When you give us your email address, you are also letting the Department send you information about the report.
Questions and more information
If you want to look at or change the information you give us, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.