The Inner South-east Partnership is one of six Metropolitan Partnerships established by the Victorian Government, recognising that local communities are in the best position to understand the challenges and opportunities faced by their region.
Our 2017 advice to Government identified the following priority outcomes:
Environment & Open Space – Promote healthy neighbourhoods by developing an increased network of active open space, with actions including:
- a regional open space strategy
- a multi-purpose Beaumaris Marine Education Science and Community Centre (MESAC) hub
- map vacant government land
- inclusion of open space in new precinct plans
- exploring use of airspace over railway lines
Economy, Industry & Jobs – Encourage local employment hubs and flexible, co-working spaces to support strong, local economies, with actions including:
- an innovation/education precinct in Caulfield
- a smart schools and health precinct in East Village
- a curated popup co-working space and start-up resource centre
- a pilot program to connect investors and founders
Affordable & Social Housing – Create the right mix of private, public and social housing to anticipate future needs of growing communities, with actions including:
- exploring options to secure affordable housing prior to rezoning or redevelopment in key precincts
- exploring air rights over state government land for community housing providers
Transport Connectivity – Improve connectivity of transport modes to cover sustainable, low-cost travel across the region (including north-south travel), promote active transport options and reduce car usage, with actions including:
- a pilot for improved connections between bus and train services
- increased evening and weekend tram services
- planning for tram extensions
- north-south Glenferrie tram shuttle
- investment in cycling corridors
For 2018 we are looking at:
- Community Health & Wellbeing
- Access to Education
What we've heard in 2018
At our second annual Assembly on 30 May 2018 at McKinnon Secondary College, we heard directly from the community about how to further progress priorities for the region. Watch the video below to see the 2018 Assembly in action or read the Inner South-east Metropolitan Partnership 2018 Assembly Summary Report.
The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) is committed to protecting personal information provided by you in accordance with the principles of the Victorian privacy laws.
You may access the information you have provided to DELWP by contacting Customer Service on 136 186.