The Victorian Government wants to help regional communities adapt to the impacts of climate change.
Supporting our Regions to Adapt is a $9.3 million program funded by the Sustainability Fund.
Each DELWP region has completed a climate change adaptation gap analysis to find out about work that has already been done across the state.
The analyses demonstrate a need for a practical climate change adaptation strategy for each region.
Each regional strategy will include adaptation responses to:
- Preparing for more extreme heat, fire and storm events
- Minimising health impacts on vulnerable people
- Water supplies resilient to drought
- Agriculture in a changing climate
- Protecting biodiversity
- Finance, business risk and insurability
It does not include:
- Solar panels
- Wind farms
- Electric vehicles
- And other climate change mitigation actions
The Grampians Region Climate Adaptation Strategy will be developed by the community. It will outline a shared direction and priority actions for climate change adaptation in the region.