In partnership with Traditional Owner groups, Parks Victoria is preparing a new management plan for the Grampians landscape, an area that covers the Grampians National Park and adjacent parks and reserves.
The new management plan (the plan) will underpin strategic planning for the Grampians landscape over the next 15 years to ensure that precious environmental and cultural values of this iconic landscape are preserved for future generations to enjoy.
The scope of this project includes environmental conservation, cultural heritage and protection of Aboriginal rock art, recreational activities, tourism opportunities, safety and visitor experience.
Discussion papers have been prepared on a range of management topics. These can be downloaded from the background information section on this page.
The first round of engagement closed on Sunday 6, October. Parks Victoria thanks everyone who took the time to contribute their feedback and ideas to the future plan. All of the feedback received is being analysed and a engagement findings report is being prepared.
Engagement events for the first round of engagement
As part of the first round of engagement, Parks Victoria held 12 engagement events about the Grampians Landscape Management Plan.
Six community workshops and a drop-in were held in the following locations:
- Halls Gap workshop, Thurs, 5 September 2019, 6.30-8.30pm
- Laharum workshop, Tues 10 September 2019, 6.30-8.30pm
- North Melbourne workshop, Thurs 12 September 2019, 6.00-8.00pm
- Halls Gap drop-in, Tues 17 September 2019, 12.00-3.00pm
- Dunkeld workshop, Tues 17 September 2019, 6.30-8.30pm
- North Melbourne workshop, Thurs 19 September 2019, 6.00-8.00pm
- North Melbourne workshop, Wednesday 25 September 2019, 6.00-8.00pm
In addition to the workshops a series of ‘listening posts’ (small staffed stalls for short conversations) were also be held to ensure that we hear from a range of views. The times and locations were:
- Moyston General Store, Friday 6 September 2019, 8.30am - 10.30am
- The Giant Koala Dadswell Bridge, Wednesday 11 September 2019, 8.30 - 10.30am
- The Dunkeld General Store, Wednesday 11 September 2019, 8.30 - 10.30am
- The Bridge Café Cavendish, Wednesday 18 September 2019, 12.30 - 2.30pm
- Halls Gap Visitor Information Centre, Sunday 22 September 2019, 10am - 12pm
You can view the presentations from the workshops on the right hand side of this page.