The Goulburn Regional Partnership started work in 2016, and, since then, has been committed to understanding the challenges and advancing the opportunities of the Goulburn region.
Our priorities cover areas including agriculture, economic development, peri-urban growth, connectivity, children and young people, and health and wellbeing.
In this time, outcomes for the Goulburn region have included:
- $312.9 million for upgrades to the Shepparton rail line to support VLocity trains
- $23 million to establish the Munarra Centre of Regional Excellence in the Goulburn Murray, a state of the art indigenous, sporting, cultural and education precinct
- Funding to develop a masterplan for the Barmah National Park, focusing on business opportunities for Yorta Yorta Traditional Owners
- Funding to develop a renewable energy strategy for the Hume region
- Funding to develop a strategy to increase employment and business opportunities for Aboriginal people in natural resource management
- $43.5 million for additional rail services between Shepparton and Seymour
- $10.2 million for the Shepparton bypass offering better east west connections
- Funding to unlock agriculture productivity within the Goulburn Murray Irrigation District.
Over the past two years, our Partnership has heard from thousands of people living and working in Goulburn, including through three Regional Assemblies.
We've taken your voice to the heart of the Victorian Government, and we look forward to hearing from you going forward.
2018 Regional Assembly
Our 2018 Regional Assembly was held on Wednesday 18 July in Shepparton.
This was the community’s chance to help shape the region’s future. It was an opportunity to hear what the Partnership has achieved to date, and for participants to help us tackle some of the hard questions still facing our region.
Topics discussed include:
- Addressing developmental vulnerability in children
- Breaking down barriers to education
- Encouraging healthy lifestyles
- Improving digital connectivity and getting Goulburn online
- Providing safe and timely access to public transport
- Reducing social isolation and improving mental health
- Reducing stubborn unemployment
- Supporting young people to be happy and healthy
- Tackling crime and substance abuse in communities.
It was great to see so many people there and to hear the depth of conversation.
We still want to hear from you.
The 2018 Assembly may be over but we still want to hear your views on our top priorities and how we can continue to shape our region.
No submissions yet.
Our region lies on the traditional lands of the Yorta Yorta, Taungurung and Wurundjeri people, and we acknowledge them as Traditional Owners.
Forming part of the larger Hume region, the region comprises the shires of Moira, Strathbogie, Mitchell and Murrindindi along with the City of Greater Shepparton, and boasts:
- A strong Indigenous population
- A diverse multicultural population
- Growth opportunities for population and business
- Affordable housing
- National and regional parks and significant inland waterways
- A strong agricultural base with resilient water resources.
To find out more about our region’s competitive advantages and challenges visit the Goulburn Profile page