The Minister for Planning referred proposed Amendment C370melb to the Melbourne Planning Scheme (amendment) to the Priority Project Standing Advisory Committee (advisory committee) for advice and recommendations.
The proposed amendment seeks to:
- apply the Capital City Zone Schedule 1 (Outside the Retail Core) to the land;
- apply the Design and Development Overlay Schedule 10 to the land;
- apply the Environmental Audit Overlay to the land; and
- amend Schedule to Clause 66.04 (Referral of Permit Applications under Local Provisions) to insert a requirement for planning applications triggered under Clause 3.0 of Schedule 1 to Clause 37.04 on the Treasury Square site to be referred to VicTrack and the Department of Transport as a determining referral authority. This is to ensure that the current and future transport interests are protected regarding the future development of the site.
Read about the final outcome below.
Advisory Committee Report
The advisory committee recommended that the amendment be approved as exhibited, with changes as outlined in its report.
The Minister for Planning has approved the amendment as recommended by the advisory committee, with further changes.
The approved Amendment C370melb to the Melbourne planning scheme was gazetted on 7 December 2020.
The Minister has approved granting of a planning permit for a two lot subdivision of the site as recommended by the advisory committee. The Minister directed the City of Melbourne to issue a planning permit within seven days of gazettal of Amendment C370melb in accordance with the section 96J of the Planning and Environment Act 1987. The City of Melbourne issued the permit on 9 December 2020.
Please read this Privacy Collection Notice prior to making your submission
This Privacy Collection Notice relates to all submissions collected in relation to the Government Land Planning Service.
Use of your submission
Your submission has been collected by the Government Land Planning Service for the purpose of informing the Minister for Planning about the proposal. Natural justice to participants and transparency are important parts of this process. The Government Land Planning Service may do the following with your submission:
- Publish a copy of your submission, in its entirety, on the DELWP website or other Victorian Government website.
- Provide a copy of your submission to the Minister for Planning, Proponent, Local Councils, Government Departments or Agencies and other parties (submitters) to the proposal.
- Provide a copy of your submission to an Advisory Committee established under section 151 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987 and Planning Panels Victoria.
- Provide a copy of your submission to an independent expert as directed by the Minister for Planning to provide advice on the proposal.
- Provide a copy of your personal contact details to the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning or Planning Panels Victoria if needed for notification of Ministerial decisions.
- Display a copy of your submission at the relevant Local Council Office, or Government Office as appropriate
- If a Public Hearing is to be held, display a copy of your submission in the Hearing room.
Publication of your personal information on the Internet
A report may be published on the internet and may include:
- The name of the submitter
- Direct quotes from some of the submission
- The submitter’s name and address as required.
Please note that even when your personal information is removed from the internet, it may remain on external servers indefinitely.
After the matter has been decided
After the matter has been decided by the Minister for Planning your submission will be removed from all public display within a period of up to six to eight weeks.
Your original submission and any additional material provided will be held at the Government Land Planning Service for two years and then sent to the Public Records Office of Victoria. All additional copies of the submission and other material held will be securely destroyed.
Should the matter be referred by the Minister for Planning to an Advisory Committee your original submission and any additional material provided will be held at Planning Panels Victoria for two years and then sent to the Public Records Office of Victoria. All additional copies of the submission and other material held by Planning Panels Victoria will be securely destroyed.
If you have any concerns in respect to the way your personal information or submission will be used please contact the Government Land Planning Service at email@example.com.