Submissions closed on 4 September 2017.
Consultation is open on draft Environment Effects Statement scoping requirements for the Edithvale and Bonbeach level crossing removals.
The Level Crossing Removal Authority (LXRA) is proposing to remove the Edithvale and Bonbeach level crossings as part of the Level Crossing Removal project. LXRA plans to lower the rail line into a trench and build a new Edithvale Road Bridge at the current road level. New stations will also be built at Bonbeach and Edithvale.
The project is in the preliminary stages, and works have not yet commenced. The Minister for Planning has decided that an Environment Effects Statement (EES) assessment will be required.
The Department of Environment, Planning, Land, Water and Planning will be responsible for administering the EES process on behalf of the Minister for Planning. The EES will describe potential environmental effects of the proposed project, assess relevant alternatives and outline how to manage environmental effects.
Read the draft scoping requirements
Make a submission
Public consultation on the draft Scoping Requirements is open from 14 August to 4 September 2017.
Feedback will inform the final scoping requirements that will provide guidance to the proponent about what to include in their preparation of an Environment Effects Statement. The final scoping requirements will be made publicly available and there will be further opportunity for public consultation when the Environmental Effects Statement is exhibited.
Submissions on the draft Scoping Requirements can be made online, via post or by email. Submissions close 5pm Monday, 4 September 2017.
You can make a submission by:
- using the online submission form below.
- downloading the below submission form, and submitting the completed form and any supporting evidence by:
- uploading your submission below
- emailing your submission to email@example.com.
- mark ‘Edithvale & Bonbeach Level Removal Draft Scoping Requirements’ and post to Impact Assessment Unit, Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning, GPO Box 500 East Melbourne, VIC 3002
Make an online submission
Upload a submission
1. Fill out the submission form below