A mineralisation report accompanies an application for a mining or retention licence, with the purpose of establishing that there is a reasonable prospect that the mining of the resource will be economically viable. It is made up of the description of the mineral resource, report of exploration results and economic viability assessment.
The draft Ministerial Guidelines for Description of a Mineral Resource and the Preparation of a Mineralisation Report (draft guidelines) outline the type and standard of information that applicants should include in their mineralisation report.
The draft guidelines include the following changes:
- Incorporated and updated guidance from a number of current guidelines and information kit
- The draft guidelines are split into two:
- Mandatory guideline for description of a mineral resource
- Advisory guideline for preparation of a Mineralisation Report
- Removed the ‘alternative evidence’ section
- Separate reporting requirement for gypsum
- Allow detailed resource report to the ASX to be accepted in place of a Mineralisation Report
- Coversheet template included.
We would like to hear your feedback on this draft guideline. Closing date for submissions is COB Tuesday 6 October 2020.