Community Traffic Survey results
What we heard
Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete the Community Traffic Survey to help inform the Dorset Road Upgrade project currently in planning and development with Major Road Projects Victoria.
The survey, open from 28 January to 18 February 2021, received nearly 800 responses.
Key themes from the survey
- Dorset Road between Hull Road and Maroondah Highway was used every day by 78% of residents and workers and 41% of commuters who responded to the survey.
- Maroondah Highway, Bellara Drive and Golf Links Road are the most congested intersections, closely followed by the two Lincoln Road intersections.
- Feedback indicated that the key reasons for delays were not enough traffic lanes, long traffic queues and green light timing.
- 54% of respondents found that traffic flow was either poor or very poor along the section of Dorset Road between Hull Road and Parsons Street.
- Only 5% of respondents park their vehicle on Dorset Road between Hull Road and Maroondah Highway.
- 83% were very supportive, supportive or didn’t mind clearways along Dorset Road.
- Under 8% of respondents use the bus services along Dorset Road.
- Under 50% of respondents used footpaths and under 12% used the current paths in the project area.
- Feedback was neutral regarding the proposal of removing car spaces to make way for landscaping and amenities.
Your feedback is valuable to us and will be considered as we continue our planning studies and develop the business case for the project.
As the project progresses, we will continue to reach out to residents, businesses and other interested stakeholders to provide information and opportunities for feedback.
We’re undertaking planning and development work on behalf of the Australian Government for the Dorset Road Upgrade project.
Our planning and investigations are considering upgrades along the section of Dorset Road between Hull Road and Maroondah Highway.
This development work will allow us to understand the environmental and social impact of the project, develop design options and confirm the project scope and costs.
The results of the survey will be considered by the Project Team undertaking the planning and development work for the project.
About the project
For more information on the project including scope of works, benefits and timelines, please visit investment.infrastructure.gov.au.