This consultation is now concluded.
Victoria's new Dangerous Goods (Transport by Road or Rail) Regulations (DG TRR Regulations) commenced on 25 October 2018.
While the DG TRR Regulations are mainly the same, they do reflect changes that have been made nationally in relation to the transport of dangerous goods.
The changes affect those that:
- hold or require a dangerous goods vehicle or driver licence
- transport empty dangerous goods packaging
- transport dangerous goods in limited quantities
- transport constituents of a bulk ammonium nitrate-based explosives to manufacturing sites
- transport cylindersare involved in packaging design (both bulk tanker and non-bulk tanker)
- wish to seek an exemption or administrative determination or approval
The changes maintain Victoria’s already high safety standards and continue to align with national and international standards for the transport of dangerous goods. They also deliver significant savings to Victorian businesses by reducing the regulatory burden for the transport of lower risk dangerous goods and through the removal of duplicate compliance requirements in relation to explosive component transport.
Further information about the changes is available on the WorkSafe Victoria website(External link) or by calling the WorkSafe Advisory Service between 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, on 1800 136 089.
Public comment was invited on the proposed DG TRR Regulations and the associated Regulatory Impact Statement (RIS) from Tuesday 26 June until close of business Monday 23 July 2018.
Download a copy of the proposed Regulations and RIS.