Launched in April 2016, Creative State 2016-20 was the Victorian Government’s first ever creative industries strategy. It aimed to strengthen and grow the state’s creative industries and the economic, social and cultural value they bring, for the benefit of all Victorians.
Developed through extensive sector consultation, Creative State delivered 40 targeted actions, and was backed with new funding of $115 million. It focused on:
- Backing Victorian creative talent;
- Strengthening the creative industries ecosystem;
- Delivering wider economic and social impact;
- Increasing participation and access, and
- Building international engagement.
You can learn more about Creative State 2016-20 and its achievements at creative.vic.gov.au/creative-state
Image: Mustangs FC, Season 2, Matchbox Productions