Melton community safety project
Melton and Caroline Springs police have launched a six-month crime prevention and community engagement campaign called Operation ‘Connect Melton’.
As part of the project, police will run a series of community days, workshops and a youth safety expo in order to educate the community about crime and safety information.
The project is in response to local safety concerns raised by Melton residents at the community safety forums held in Melton and Caroline Springs in late 2017.
The events planned as part of Operation Connect Melton will address the themes raised during the community safety forums; including community cohesion, disengaged youth, road safety and crime prevention.
This project is being delivered with support from Neighbourhood Watch Victoria and Crime Stoppers Victoria will deliver a community safety and crime prevention campaign.
About the project
Connect Melton will kick off with community days held in Melton on Wednesday 23 January and Caroline Springs on Saturday 16 February with a range of free activities including BBQs, children’s games and safety information.
You’re invited to attend the following events as part of Operation Connect Melton:
Melton Community Day
Wednesday, 23 January 2019
10am to 2pm at Melton Ampitheatre
Caroline Springs Community Day
Saturday, 16 February 2019
10am to 2pm at Caroline Springs Square Shopping Centre
Find out more
- Keep in touch with your local police and let them know what’s important to you by following the Melton Eyewatch Facebook page
- Find out more about your local Neighbourhood Watch at nhw.com.au
- For crime prevention tips and resources visit crimeprevention.vic.gov.au
- Find out more about community safety initiatives in Melton on the Community Safety Statement 2018/19 website
- Read the latest crime statistics for Melton by downloading the one-page fact sheet from the Crime Statistics Agency Victoria below.